Seat Ateca infotainment update. Is it possible?

Loai548

May 14, 2021
Hi

I have a Seat Ateca 2019 car.
I wonder if there is a way to update the infotainment system or softwar. And if it is needed.

I attached my infotaiment info and version. Is it final?

Attachments

• 20210518_162830.jpg
    20210518_162830.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 643
  • 20210518_162839.jpg
    20210518_162839.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 638
  • 20210518_162857.jpg
    20210518_162857.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 653

Tell

Staff member
Hi

I have a Seat Ateca 2019 car.
I wonder if there is a way to update the infotainment system or softwar. And if it is needed.

I attached my infotaiment info and version. Is it final?
There is atleast a 515 version, you are at 512. I've never done a firmware update. A lot of other people have. I've got a retrofitter to do that for me on a high.

There is a thread on here:

Or you buy it from a retrofitter like one of the board sponsors, with instructions:

I think they charge about £25, internet download with instructions.

It goes on an SD card then you run an update. Interrupt the update at your peril. 515 is suppose to work better with Android Auto. Unless you find it buggy you may not wish to bother.

Jul 21, 2021
Well this is what I see on hmi versions page. What is the right way to upgrade 515 version from 319?
20210725_121559.jpg

Tell

Staff member
*Your best place to ask that question is on the software thread

Have a good read.

I did research another big upgrade for someone else on another random thread, can't find what I posted up at the minute.

The big upgrades which jump trains are tricky which is why the boards retrofitter sponsor offers a return service not DIY.

"If it displays 02xx, then purchase the 02XX update, 03xx to 03xx etc. Please do not try to update from 02xx to 03xx, 03xx to 04xx as you risk damaging your unit."

Yours falls into that.

I did find a Briskoda page with people doing these train updates with the help of a Polish guy on them and it did cover Seat. Its suppose to be tricky and fiddly from what was written.

Pending the Mib collective arriving suggest you have a good read of the SW thread. It links thru to the Spanish thread but you will find the recent material on it. Probably already asked on there. Read both threads.

NervousPanda

Jul 22, 2019
He can upgrade without spending any money, just needs an SD card and that's it :)
Do not upgrade to 515 unless your unit came with a 5xx version. It's possible but you may have issues in the long term.

Tell

Staff member
You can get to 515 from a different train but what you may loose pass on. With these complex operations you either need a kind soul who gives their experience out for free or pay for certainty with an honest retrofitter if you can get it there and whether they want the job. It seems to me no cost is associated with the firmware upgrade as such and the routes that retrofitters use to obtain the software seem similar to hobbyists (free). E.g. same release. Not everybody is a hobbyist and has the experience to do it themselves. To update a standard unit should only cost a token amount via a retrofitter or zero if you research it and have the skills.

The within train updates are fairly trivial to do on the standard mib2. The high updates with mib tools installed in the green menu (GEM) can be more tricky, but now provide a way of doing it in the car rather than on the bench with Ethernet usb links and a laptop connected. Useful members of the board on that one. Given some quality advice and help on that to get 192 maps by changing the FeCs retaining current firmware. Also some misdirection out there on what needs to be done on upgrading the firmware or changing the FeCs. Why I covered that in a post over there to clear up those routes. @jpmedia gets my full praise.

As said the software thread is the starting point for that. In defence of good retrofitters the boards sponsor and associate have picked up quite a few units where users have messed them up or other retrofitters have. Good having an escape plan in mind if you embark on DIY firmware upgrades that are non trivial.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.