Seat Bocanegra/ Cupra 2011

Mar 30, 2020
Hi i really like the look and performance of this car but I've heard many horror stories that's putting me off about the engine, i was just wondering if anyone who owns one or has in the past could give me a better insight on if the car should be avoided. Also i was looking at getting warranty wise if i did end up buying the car has anyone had any experiences with them or is it just a waste of time thanks. Would prefer to get the leon cupra but as I'm 20 the insurance on that is way too high

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
I own a BOC with late 2011 Cave engine which I've had since mid 2018, I had the same concerns as you and search this furom high and low for advice and insight. I was lucky enough to find a good one amongst the bad, Upgrades were made to 2011+ Cave engine model's these can be found the battery in the boot or newer CTHE engine.

Do your research and find out as much as possible about the car's history, I would swerve any early 09/10 models.
On the warranty issue, I paid 250 quid for a year when I bought for piece of mind but never needed to use it, if it's not much extra I would just incase anything major does happen

Mar 30, 2020
I own a BOC with late 2011 Cave engine which I've had since mid 2018, I had the same concerns as you and search this furom high and low for advice and insight. I was lucky enough to find a good one amongst the bad, Upgrades were made to 2011+ Cave engine model's these can be found the battery in the boot or newer CTHE engine.

Do your research and find out as much as possible about the car's history, I would swerve any early 09/10 models.
On the warranty issue, I paid 250 quid for a year when I bought for piece of mind but never needed to use it, if it's not much extra I would just incase anything major does happen

how much milage did you buy yours for, im thinking im likely to be better off with a higher milage one as I've seen most of the problems occur before 50k

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
how much milage did you buy yours for, im thinking im likely to be better off with a higher milage one as I've seen most of the problems occur before 50k

Bought mine just under 47K, I was looking at earlier models that were 1k cheaper but 30k more mileage, Glad I paid the extra.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi i really like the look and performance of this car but I've heard many horror stories that's putting me off about the engine, i was just wondering if anyone who owns one or has in the past could give me a better insight on if the car should be avoided. Also i was looking at getting warranty wise if i did end up buying the car has anyone had any experiences with them or is it just a waste of time thanks. Would prefer to get the leon cupra but as I'm 20 the insurance on that is way too high
Hi.
If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
I had a 2010 Bocanegra in white with xenons. I owned the car from new, unfortunately after 15k miles I started to have the misfiring problems. Six times it went into the dealer for warranty work, the final time being an engine rebuild. After that, it misfired again so I got rid.

As above, try getting the CTHE engine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.