Seat cordoba rpm limited edition

performanceuk

hi , we are new to seatcupra.net.
need some information if anyone knows.
we have just bought a seat cordoba.we have been told it is a rpm edition.
it is kiwi yellow and red.it is based on a sx model , so it has a 2.0 16 valve engine.it has registration P949 OVV. it has roll cage mounting points in car , but do not know if one has been fitted at some point.does anyone know what spec. these cars are supposed to have.
we are contemplating fitting a supercharged engine, coilovers etc from a a seat ibiza we have , but do not know whether they are more sought after as a standard car.if anyone can help , it would be appreciated.:)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sounds like one of the press demo cars that SEAT built up for track days when promoting their BRC competing Ibiza F2's

Almost certainly looking at the plate in fact.... old cage mounts suggest this also.

Not at all sought after any more, there's one on ebay/gumtree that keeps cropping up that looks really tatty (it's not that one is it?)

performanceuk

hi , thanks for reply.no real idea of its value.probably look better with standard bumper and sideksirts on.

Nick2008

Onvi tdi-cupra r wannabe!
Aug 22, 2008
gloucestershire
Always use to see that car round my area, and once had a go in it and yeh it is f*cked, thats why I didn't buy it, looked ok-ish from a distance but when I got close up the front bumper needed reshaping and respraying, the rear arches were covered in rust, the bodykit was falling off as was the exhaust by the sound of it. I dont think the engine was too good either probably due to the fact that the bloke who had it was always ragging the tits off it everywhere, there was so many things wrong with it I could go on forever. It sold on ebay not long ago for just under £400-and that was way too much for it.

performanceuk

we are thinking of tidying this car up and returning it to standard spec. does anyone know what a tidy one is worth . were there many made.are there any mechanical differences to a standard car or were they just a styling exercise:)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
standard OE painted 1996 Cordy Coupe... tidy £700-£1000

No mechanical changes as they were used by SEAT Press... Just the wing, paint & cage (and a couple of small things)

performanceuk

we were just ging to return it to standard press car.i think the bumper fitted on the car is an aftermarket one , as are the sidekisrts. any idea what bumper they had originally. would it just have been a normal sx bumper- thanks

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
should have the f2 bumper, sure the sideskirts were to... as for a roll cage thats going to be hard to come by now :)

envycordoba

Jan 25, 2008
bournemouth
i've seen this car and it has the f2 skirts and bumper but just needs tidying personally i would not put standard sx stuff on it as it was the demo car so keep it how it should be. and tidy it up. i belive they had no back seats and insted they have a carbon panel where the back seat should be and in the boot.as for cage i agree with dave they are dam hard to find now

Ovv

Former SEAT driver
May 30, 2001
Scotland
Amazing what **** you find when trawling the internet. Thought this deserved a reply, even if its 11 years late.:ROFLMAO: That car used to be mine, a long long time ago. Chopped it in for a 1.8t Cupra down Scunthorpe way from memory.

Reactions: AnotherLife
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise