Seat Dealer In MK?

RCarter

This is my first entry, good to be part of a active group.

I have a question, anyone had any joy with the Seat Dealership in MKeynes.
I am trying to find a `quality` dealer to look after my LCR 03 in the servicing terms!

Only trust her in good hands!

Cheers

Rich

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't goto MK then

take a trip a bit further afield - Maybe Marshalls or Bedford, maybe as far south as Watford (as they seem to be moving along pretty well)

RCarter

Thanks for the info, I think I got lost on the forum ....

I`ll give Bedford a go then.

I always thought Stonacre was purley Seat only, drove pass there the other day, and it seemed to be every car BUT Seat??
Any ideas why they are closing? service levels prehaps?!!

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Just rang Stoneacres and they said they don't know anything about closing down, so don't know where that came from!

I had my exhaust manifold changed there a few months back and they gave me a lift to work and back each way.

Also I asked Marshalls to look at my undertray as I hit a coil spring in the road at quite a speed and knew it was damaged took it into Marshalls and they had a look but said they would have to order one in, so I waited, and waited and nothing so rang them and they had no idea about it !

Then they said my rattling underneath was due to the undertray, but I was sure it was the exhaust manifold gasket that had gone again (for the 3rd time!), but then took it back to Marshalls a week later and lo and behold Matt on the service desk said I was right and it was the gasket that had gone again, but they couldn't do it for 2 weeks, so I rang Stoneacres and managed to get it sorted within a couple of days.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
yes I would agree with all of you ,I have had good and bad from both dealers(maybe cos there is a "R" in the month)dont know who to trust really.If it wasnt for the warrenty I would do it my self.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
rhumber said:
Just rang Stoneacres and they said they don't know anything about closing down, so don't know where that came from!

Well being as I worked there and I popped down to see a few old work collegues and they were moping about as they had been told if sales dont dramatically pick up soon Stoneacre will be closing the franchise (he said by April) I guess that would be me ;)

Oh and the MK Skoda dealer would be happy to service your vehicle, wont effect your warranty, one happy SCN customer allready :)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
techie said:
Well being as I worked there and I popped down to see a few old work collegues and they were moping about as they had been told if sales dont dramatically pick up soon Stoneacre will be closing the franchise (he said by April) I guess that would be me ;)

Oh and the MK Skoda dealer would be happy to service your vehicle, wont effect your warranty, one happy SCN customer allready :)

Do you get paid commission on top of your efficiency bonus? ;)

Yeah Pilling Skoda did my car, and they washed it...saves me doing it for a while! :worship:

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Looks like you will get my custom as well cos the pipe to the rear wash wipe has fell off and is filling the rear with water.And guess wot I cant get the cover off to put the pipe back on ****$$$$

RCarter

Had the same problem with my rear wash wipe, luckily no water escape - nothing that a tissue cansort out, managed toget the back cover off - push tube on and refit case. Bit of a job, but saved a few ££££ `s going to a dealer.

Roll on when the warranty runs out and I can service myself. Had one exprience where I was charged for screenwash (2ltrs) when I had filled it up with good quality concentrate the day before. I wont say which dealer, but needless to say I questioned the bill. They were speechless.........Caught in the act i think!!!

coops

Nov 11, 2002
area 51
Visit site
In shiteacres defence i had a lcr for 21 months and cant say a bad word about em. Muppet service manager has now left leaving a decent team. Only sales muppets to avoid.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
coops said:
In shiteacres defence i had a lcr for 21 months and cant say a bad word about em. Muppet service manager has now left leaving a decent team. Only sales muppets to avoid.
Well said coops thats put everything in one thread.How is your new motor coming along?

coops

Nov 11, 2002
area 51
Visit site
(coops sits twiddling thumbs waiting for the boat to arrive)
Driving a new Piss At at the mo (54 plate new not new shape new, co car)
only 2.5k on the clock when i picked it up.
Doesnt know whats hit it!
and its an oil Burner!!!!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.