SEAT Drive/Connect Apps

33q

Feb 10, 2020
I find the Skoda Connect Apps quite handy on my Karoq....uses a Data Plug to Bluetooth data to your phone.

As the Arona uses the same platform and the Infotainment screen appears to have similar functionality I thought I'd be able to connect my Wife's new Arona up in a similar way.

I can find no apps similar to Skoda Connect for SEAT....seems really odd....am I missing something? Our phones are Apple.

Thanks

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
I am having a test drive tomorrow in a Mii electric and was trying to find the Apple version of the Connect App because of its functionality in monitoring charging/setting charging times etc. I have an iPhone XR and have no intention of buying an Android phone to get it working. It appears Samsung have been involved in the app development and no one has thought to produce an iOS version. Reviews on You Tube suggest the app works well with a compatible phone. They have produced an iOS version of The DriveMii app which seems to work ok, giving sat nav, media and phone control.
I will try to clarify the situation with the salesman tomorrow. If there is no iOS app and none planned they will not sell many El Born or PHEV Leon cars to iPhone users! The Mii electric is pretty basic so I might just live without the app. They have a white one in stock and offering a good deal on it.
Has anyone else got any more info on this? It seems a stupid oversight if Seat has no plans to make iPhones compatible.

Reactions: 33q
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.