Seat finance good or better deals available?

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
So I'm looking at a 280 pre-reg at the moment & had various quotes both for HP and PCP & also asked for quotes on a new 280 as well.

All in all, 8 quotes with varying deposit amounts.

The best finance quote is 0% on HP over 36 month for new as there's a deal going at the moment & thats with a ~14k deposit though I'm considering upping to 18k because the monthly payments are still quite high.

Ignoring the 0% deal, the lowest APR on offer is 4.6% for PCP over 36 month (for new), from there it jumps up to ~7% APR for the pre-reg on PCP, then ~13% for HP on the pre-reg.

How many of you used Seat finance & do you feel it'd be better to search for other loans?

----

I've searched online and can find better APR's for loans, down to 3.7% but I'm not sure how that would change any offer the dealer makes as if doing HP that'd effectively be full cash? For 3.7% I'd be tempted to do HP over the 3 years with another finance company
Any advice/thoughts appreciated & how you bought yours, cheers

edit: the sales guy showed me something I thought funny. You probably already knew but the Seat badge oil cap there's a VW badge underneath :D

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
It makes sense to get your loan from elsewhere if you can get approved then you turn into a cash buyer, people sometimes think because your a cash buyer the deal is going to be better but it don't always work out that way, so I guess you have to work out what you are going to save from getting your own loan and what it is going to cost you using theres.

Ive always thought a personal loan is better.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Seat finance, good headline rate on the apr, but the car will not get much discount, you'll pay on the retail price of the car. On the other hand, get a good deal via a broker or trade dealer, and you'll get a cracking price on the car, but more often than not the finance rate isn't as good as the dealer.
Horses for courses really, don't get sucked in with the figures, do the sums on the overall repayment amount over the term you are looking at and make your choice...

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
I haven't asked them yet about buying outright. Will ask tomorrow but I was thinking like you that getting my own finance compared to Seat's might be a worse deal
cheers
It makes sense to get your loan from elsewhere if you can get approved then you turn into a cash buyer, people sometimes think because your a cash buyer the deal is going to be better but it don't always work out that way, so I guess you have to work out what you are going to save from getting your own loan and what it is going to cost you using theres.

Ive always thought a personal loan is better.

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
Are you forced to take a broker finance deal or can you pay cash to them too?
I'm wondering about going through a broker but this dealer was quite close to me so I got a chance to look at the car. Also, the dealer gave me a good trade-in on my current leon

Seat finance, good headline rate on the apr, but the car will not get much discount, you'll pay on the retail price of the car. On the other hand, get a good deal via a broker or trade dealer, and you'll get a cracking price on the car, but more often than not the finance rate isn't as good as the dealer.
Horses for courses really, don't get sucked in with the figures, do the sums on the overall repayment amount over the term you are looking at and make your choice...

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Are you forced to take a broker finance deal or can you pay cash to them too?

I'm wondering about going through a broker but this dealer was quite close to me so I got a chance to look at the car

It'll depend on the broker, most likely not forced. You can clear the balance in cash / transfer method what they prefer and pay a deposit to order the car. Ask the broker, worst case you set up finance and then clear it once the car arrives.

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks!
It'll depend on the broker, most likely not forced. You can clear the balance in cash / transfer method what they prefer and pay a deposit to order the car. Ask the broker, worst case you set up finance and then clear it once the car arrives.

Thats right, its like anything if you can pay for it in cash you can. Its down to you how you fund your car.

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
Yeh it's a dealer price. Currently going through broker4cars and you're right it's cheaper but can't get a quote on cash purchase only (minimum loan 10k). I guess I'd need to speak to them
Like I say, I got a good trade in price for my current car, part of me can't be bothered with doing a private sale :redface:
That's a dealer price yes? If so, it would be worth getting a few broker prices in for the same spec...

Last edited:

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
We got our local dealer to match the DriveTheDeal broker price on our FR 1.4 which knocked over £3k off list and we still took the SEAT 0% finance, so don't be afraid to haggle.

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
They make money out of selling you their finance deal, so if you're willing to go with it they should be throwing in incentives to use it... From my understanding this is where garages make their profit rather than the actually price of the car.