Seat Service Plan - Black Friday Deal

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Thanks.. I ran with it too... Limited availability!

Assume we the pay monthly option you don't have to be fully paid up before the first service?

Last edited:

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
Thanks.. I ran with it too... Limited availability!

Assume we the pay monthly option you don't have to be fully paid up before the first service?
This was in the FAQs, iirc you have to have made a few payments first, I think it was only 2 or 3.

Reactions: R53Winny

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Just had a look at the link above and you're nearly getting the interim service free! Seems like a no-brainer!

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
They list oil & filter change (and air filter change, plus pollen filter if required), but not brake fluid or coolant change - due to those being (potentially) in the "Car serviced to manufacturers specific warranty requirements" part?

But if they are, aren't oil & filter (and air filter & pollen filter) likewise covered by that phrase?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
When I spoke to them to buy the plan, they said everything that’s covered in a minor service will be done, and everything that’s covered in a major service will be done.

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
When I spoke to them to buy the plan, they said everything that’s covered in a minor service will be done, and everything that’s covered in a major service will be done.
That's is correct according to the details on Seat site last year when I purchased the deal.
Interestingly the VW deal is cheaper than Seat!!

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
That's is correct according to the details on Seat site last year when I purchased the deal.
Interestingly the VW deal is cheaper than Seat!!
I had a quick look and the VW standard plan for cars over 1 year old and it's £372. This is just for a minor and major service, no mention of the breakdown recovery or any 'Winter Sale' of 25% off.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I had a quick look and the VW standard plan for cars over 1 year old and it's £372. This is just for a minor and major service, no mention of the breakdown recovery or any 'Winter Sale' of 25% off.
25% off VW’s All-In product (2 services, 2 years warranty, 2 MOT’s and 2 years roadside assistance) as well as 25% off service plans (vehicles 1-15 years old). Also states it applies to Seat - see link below;

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Assuming it's ok, but if you look at the PDF that shows you the 2 year service plan, it shows the last three items are included in the Interim service (on the left).....

1668851346698.png

..... but when you go through the process of buying the 2 year service plan, it shows the last three items are not included in the Interim service.

1668851646354.png

The roadside assistance is a biggie for me, and you'd obviously get proof of the service. I reckon someone in the website dept didn't proof read the content!!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Assuming it's ok, but if you look at the PDF that shows you the 2 year service plan, it shows the last three items are included in the Interim service (on the left).....

View attachment 34475

..... but when you go through the process of buying the 2 year service plan, it shows the last three items are not included in the Interim service.

View attachment 34476

The roadside assistance is a biggie for me, and you'd obviously get proof of the service. I reckon someone in the website dept didn't proof read the content!!
Proof reading certainly isn’t one of VW’s strong points. Accurate product / marketing material seems to be the exception rather than the norm for VW🤣.

I’d certainly pass on the forth of those five items listed - I never let the dealer give my car the complementary free courtesy wash as I don’t like the ‘scratch and swirl’ look for my car’s paintwork.

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
I wonder whether a car that is 5 1/2 years old now will be covered by the All in package for the next 2 years?

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Just noticed that my car will be excluded for having 1.5 years of the warranty remaining.. I'll just get the service plan..

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Just out of interest.

If I got this can I go straight for the major service or do you have to follow the interim one first?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I can't see why you couldn't book what you want first, but it should be whatever is due next.
Agree; the service pack covers two services and AFAIK there’s no stipulation on which should be used first - it should make no difference to Seat whether the major or minor service is the first one.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Agree; the service pack covers two services and AFAIK there’s no stipulation on which should be used first - it should make no difference to Seat whether the major or minor service is the first one.
As you have to enter your mileage and reg, the dealer would probably contact you if they felt the wrong service was chosen. They would also want to get you to go for all the add-ons (if due) like brake fluid change, air con change, etc.

I'll be sorting this out at the weekend, as the prices with then be fixed. I know that the prices with be going up twice before I'd need to use the 2nd service, so should be a good saving.

Reactions: SRGTD
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.