Seat Fixed Price Servicing

BigBash

Just purchased a new 20VT FR Ibiza, fantastic car especially for ther money!

Anyway I never get involved with dealers trying to sell extras, I've never been of the opinion that extras are actually worth the money, well until now.

Have any of you lot been offered the fixed price servicing plans?

I checked out the 3yr plan (30k miles), as I am unlikely to do any more miles and the prices are as follows:

£371 for all servcing (including brake fluid change at 2yr)
£527 as above plus and wear and tear items (exluding tyres), but this also includes MOT at 3 years, 3rd years AA plus fuel filter (if you have diesel).

The best bit is you can pay monthly at no extra charge!. approx £10 and £14 per month respectively!

Now on the face of it this is a bargain I cannot believe you can get 3 years servicing for around £120 per year all in including brake fluid change, plus fixed so no increase when dealer charges more for labour in a few years time, plus you can spread the cost monthly!

My dilema is whether to go for the wear and tear, thats my real point. The key is what can I expect to need replacing in 30k.

How long do people find there break pads/dics lasting on FR, plus any other other wear and tear?

Also anyone seen the prices cheaper at other dealers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
disks should last way more than 30k

pads may be a bit border line

as a rule disks last twice as long as pads

unless you are an animal on the brakes that is

my current company car (Astra) has just had its 80k service and it had disks and pads done, the pads got done at about 40k

the Astra does mostly motorway work

BigBash

Thats my thinking, I checked the 40k option and it goes up by another £400! I reckon the 40k service and wear and tear is where a lot of things need replacing....

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
I took the Seat (VW Finance) fixed price deal.

I paid £43 a month for three years (so £1548). I got two services a year, plus at least three pairs of tyres so I reckon I certainly saved on it.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
disks should last way more than 30k

pads may be a bit border line

as a rule disks last twice as long as pads

unless you are an animal on the brakes that is

Or unless you get a batch of dodgy SEAT disks on the rear of your car in which case they last 10 minutes if your lucky.

I would go for the servicing, up to you if want the wear and tear bit though.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I took out a 3 year plan too, with service, maintenance and tyre options.

Certainly saved me money, and no suprise bills, just a consistent monthly payment.

Might not be such a good idea if you want to fit modded bits like brake discs / pads, larger tyres etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise