Seat Ibiza 06 Rear brake light removal

MattPryce

I am trying to change the brake bulbs on my 06 Ibiza but cannot get the light assembly out.
I have removed the two screws as shown in the manual but then is just says to "pull". This doesnt work as it appears to be stuck at the other end.
I dont want to just use brute force as it feels like it wont take much more before snapping!
Is there a nack to removing the light assembly?

Thanks

Matt

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Undo the screws then give the light cluster a firm shove towards the back of the car. It can be quite stiff, but it will come out eventually.

A tip though... this is one of the regular questions for newbies, so it might be an idea to have a little search in the future.

Bob159

Once you undo the screws in the lip of the bonet then the only thing holding the light assembly in place are two sprung clips at the other end of the assembly. They are quite stiff so I put a scrapper between the light assembly and the car (covered with a cloth to protect the paintwork). I pulled the light assembly toward the rear of the car from the end that was screwed in place and levered the scrapper. It took a bit of effort and I thought I would break the light assembly but it came out.

I hope this helps

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.