Seat ibiza 2009 key fob won't lock or unlock remotely

mac132

Jun 10, 2018
Hi I've got a problem with my key fob for seat ibiza 2009 sport 1.4 (2008-2017) wont lock or unlock remotely. Its a 3 button key, same as for VW. I only have one key and i can only lock and unlock manually.

Has anyone got a procedure how to program / sync the key ?

I've changed the battery.

Any help will be much appreciated.

alexh

Mar 1, 2017
I have a similar problem. Changed the battery and it works for a couple of unlock cycles then stops.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just maybe a stupid question:- does the boot release button work okay and release the hatch? What I am trying to work out is, "did that car leave the factory with remote central locking?".

Have you tried the usual - ie Google, as it should take you to a few "how to do it" for these cars.

mac132

Jun 10, 2018
Just maybe a stupid question:- does the boot release button work okay and release the hatch? What I am trying to work out is, "did that car leave the factory with remote central locking?".

Have you tried the usual - ie Google, as it should take you to a few "how to do it" for these cars.

Boot button doesnt do anything as well, i've tried various videos, forums for these cars but nothing seems to work unfortunately. I got the car recently so not sure when it last worked. Only got 1 key. Battery changed.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My initial thoughts are that that car does not have remote locking fitted and that a previous owner just bought a folding key as they preferred that over the bog standard key.
I've only ever had Polos etc with remote central locking so I can't even suggest what to look for on a full car scan to see if it was ever fitted, sorry!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, maybe now to check that that remote is transmitting, there are tools out there that can do that, but I don't know if all main dealers and indies carry them, remember main dealers are mainly just remove/supply new bits!

Edit:- if that remote is not transmitting at all, then I can't remember but maybe you can separate the remote function from the main key body and replace it, maybe with one sourced from the usual online place.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.