Seat Ibiza FR 130 Questions

rfjames

Firstly, did all the FR models come with different colored mirrors? I'm going to look at a black FR this weekend and the mirrors appear to be black, is this a worry (it's an '04 plate)?

Also, do the gear nobs commonly wear on these? Is there anything else I should be looking out for? With any luck I'll be along to a few meets soon!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Firstly, did all the FR models come with different colored mirrors? I'm going to look at a black FR this weekend and the mirrors appear to be black, is this a worry (it's an '04 plate)?

Are you sure it's an FR and not a Sport ?
IIRC the FR replaced the Sport around 2004.
I think the Sports all had black mirrors, and the FRs had coloured ones (silver I think?).

rfjames

It appears to have the white dials inside, FR badging and all the right bits, it's just I'm not sure if it was available with black mirrors as an option? Hmmm…

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
FR all have silver wing mirrors, unless they have been colourcoded? or changed over for matching ones.

Gear knobs do not wear to much,

rfjames

Right, that is a bit strange. Maybe I'll phone up and ask about it? So you couldn't have them colour coded from the factory?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Right, that is a bit strange. Maybe I'll phone up and ask about it? So you couldn't have them colour coded from the factory?

unsure, you would have to ring seat and find out, but im pretty sure all FR's have silver ones, as a way of making them stand out, unless along the way someone changed them for matching covers....

has the car been modified at all?

rfjames

It's is up as being completely standard from a trader. I will give them a call to find out if they can explain this, as I'm after a low mileage completely standard example.

rfjames

It has the white dials, FR badges on the door pillars, the grilles, wheels etc… I spoke with the chap and he said it could've colour coded previously, they've bought it in and it has FSSH and comes with a full service and MoT. Is this anything to be alarmed about.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
It has the white dials, FR badges on the door pillars, the grilles, wheels etc… I spoke with the chap and he said it could've colour coded previously, they've bought it in and it has FSSH and comes with a full service and MoT. Is this anything to be alarmed about.

interior sounds fine, some people dont like the silver wing mirrors so its simple to change them....if in doubt do a vehicle check on it...do you have the advert?

rfjames

Yes, I've done a vehicle check and it comes up with FR TDI PD 130. I guess they've been swapped over, but I will get a full vehicle check carried out if I like it. Not worth the risk if it's hiding anything.

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Mine's a 54 plate and has body coloured wing mirrors along with the B-Pillar FR badges and speedo FR logos.

rfjames

Oh, so it's not the only one like this then. Did you fit those or was it like this when you bought it?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
are the rub strips also colour coded? should be black plastic as standard.

The pre facelift had the Fr badges on the pillars, what are the badges on the rear?

if your really unsure try putting up a pic and we can have a look and try and help, also try searching for a pic on here to compare?

rfjames

The rub strips are plastic, and it appears to have been de-badged on the rear as there is no FR badge.

I can't use photobucket through work, can I email over a picture to someone to look at?

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
The rub strips are plastic, and it appears to have been de-badged on the rear as there is no FR badge.

I can't use photobucket through work, can I email over a picture to someone to look at?

Mine is a pre-facelift FR and never had the FR badge on the rear. The rear was just 'Seat', 'Ibiza' and 'TDI'.

Sounds like you've just got a pre-facelift like me.

rfjames

Oh right, got you. It is an '04 car, so that's probably the case. It has no Seat badges on the back or Ibiza so I guess it was de-badged maybe from new?

rfjames

I'll go and take a look at it. I've got a full AA-inspection planned before I buy it, so hopefully that won't show anything un-toward. How exciting, sounds like there's a chance I could be rocking the SEAT shortly.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
I'll go and take a look at it. I've got a full AA-inspection planned before I buy it, so hopefully that won't show anything un-toward. How exciting, sounds like there's a chance I could be rocking the SEAT shortly.

you can e-mail me if you want?

the prefacelifts didnt have Fr on rear...so sounds kosher

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.