Seat Ibiza I - Tech TSI 2014 - EPC warning light ( get it checkout asap)

Jan 16, 2021
Hi, new to the forum.

Had problem where EPC light came on intermittently.

1. Local garage DO Not usually have the necessary proper diagnostic equipment . They could not find anything wrong with my car and just cancelled some error readings. I was told to carry on driving until the EPC light becomes permanent! - Terrible, as I would have to replace the whole turbo charger unit vs just the turbo actuactor if i had followed their advice.

2. RAC chap was very experienced and knowledgeable and he saved me alot of money by towing it instead of letting me drive as the EPC light was off at the time .

3. SEAT charges £79 for a proper diagnostic check. According to SEAT Braintree, there could be a multitude of problems and so a proper diagnostic check was necessary. - Money well spent.

4. Paid £404 for the replacement of the turbo actuator by SEAT dealership. I think it would cost at least £1500 if the whole turbo charger unit needed replacing.

From this experience, it is worth to get your SEAT car checked thoroughly at the dealership and get a detailed report of the state of your car, and then get the repairs done at your local garage to save some money.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.