Seat Ibiza Sport Rider TDI 100BHP!!!

Oracle9I

Ok Chaps.
I had some emails from a nice lady at Seat customer support and she has confirmed that the Sport Rider 1.9 TDI is based on the 2007 reference model with the following extras :-

Cruise control
Climatronic air conditioning
16" Spica wheels
FR bumpers (front and rear)
Door handles and mirrors in body colour
Sports seats in Sportrider cloth (as per Reference sport)
Bespoke 'Sportrider' tailgate graphic
Honeycomb front grille
Passenger seat height adjustment
Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
Front fog lights.

She also answer the extra questions I posed of :-

"The driver's seat has height adjustment and the passenger seat has access plus as standard on the Sportrider.
The radio is the 2008 specification and is mp3 compatible through aux in.
16'' Spica alloys are standard (so therefore will also come with locking wheel nuts)
I understand that it is the 1.9 TDI Sportrider that you are interested in, so this model will have disc brakes front and rear however the 1.4 petrol engines have front disc brakes and rear drum brakes."

So it looks a good Deal.
Still pondering to buy this or try to get more funds for the 1.9 TDI FR.

Oracle9I.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Personally i think you would be better off buying the FR. If your planning on remapping then why not just buy the car with that BHP as standard. You could then remap it to arond 170-180bhp.
The FR looks quite a bit nicer too.

james12

Apr 10, 2008
got my red ibiza sportrider yesterday and i love 1.9 tdi 100, it looks the business it turns heads, cruise control takes getting used too! its great im very pleased with it ive taken off the sportrider graphic as it looked cheap little sticker!

FR Sarah

bom chika wa waaaaa
Jun 15, 2007
hey hey just noticed this thread! i picked up my sportrider tdi up a week ago.... 15th june and i changed down from an fr to this mainly to save money...

i love the newer shape (my fr was a 54 plate) it looks alot nicer and its in the red (will attempt to post a pic or two!!) the difference in bhp isnt that noticable in all honesty with the difference being made up with the torque! its a nippy engine now its loosening off!!

i just googled a spec sheet... apparently its meant to have a trip computer, which mine doesnt?! *confused* and i established tonight there isnt an alarm on it so guess what will be gettin purchased very soon!! if anyone knows any different as to whether it should or not let me know!! but i think an 08 car thats a 1.9tdi should have one (or is that just me)

(images are shoddily edited by the way!!)

DSC02949-1.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
i got mine from Autoworld in Chesterfield, If you speak to Curt then its a lil difficult to try and get more than a full tank of petrol with it, they are lil funny aswell for example i have got a small mark in the paintwork near the rear left wheel arch for when it came off of the lorry so when i called them up when i noticed they tried to charge me!! just keep ur eyes out mate :happy:

Batman

i picked my candy whitesport rider up on friday, filled her up and made a 220 mile journey down to the french car show, i had my clio on track but was tempted to take the beeza round for a lap so i could get a snap of it on track :) the misses wouldnt let me lol

i also dont get why it doesnt have a trip computer as it says it does in the spec but it doesnt as in the manual it says i should have to buttons on the right hand stalk for it

havent tried cruise control yet though will have to give it a try, the electric floding mirrors are a nice touch though

put £50 in to fill the tanks and i've done 450 miles with still just over a quarter of a tank! so i'm hoping to squeeze 600 miles out of the tank, apparently a revo remap will help my mpg to?

had 2 problems though, after saturday night camping there was a thunderstorm, came to start car and immobiliser light a heater plug? lights were flashing car was starting and cutting out, locked and unlocked the car a few times and it started.
Coming home i went to drop from 5th down to 4th as i was going up a steep hill and i couldnt select any gear! i came to a halt released cltuch and put it back in and i could select the gears again, i dont know wether i had slightly deppressed the gear stick?

its weird getting used to it, i touch everything with care in the clio because everythings made of cheese and breaks were the ibiza seems to like me using stuff harder, still kept the car below 3k revs all weekend which was good of me :)

wonder if i can remap it at 1k miles?

FR Sarah

bom chika wa waaaaa
Jun 15, 2007
mine has done 1650 so far... was pregegistered when i got it last week and im on the 1/4 of a tank and its done 380miles... so not too shabby and yeah ive put the foot down a few times (i know i know bad sarah) but its a good car! hopefully that fuel lasts till pay day! ha ha

ian_cupra

My dads had his a week now, and is looking at getting it mapped (CC) in a few weeks, he is waiting until about 1.5k on the clock,

i was suprised to see that it didnt have trip computer, i'm wondering if all the wiring etc is there for it, just need the right hand stalk with the buttons on it and maybe it will work :shrug:

MattyJ

Mar 29, 2008
Darlington, North East England
Thanks for the info chaps.

The does'nt seem to be much info about what actually comes (spec and tech) wise with this car and the dealers cant ched much light on it.:confused:

I have put a request into to seat for a full spec sheet.
Then i could choose this or the normal 1.9 tdi sport model.

May check out the chesterfield Seat dealer (AutoWorld).

:D

Specs

http://www.davidpenman.co.uk/offers/ref=8

Apparantly Ifran from SeatCarsDirect.co.uk (see forum on here) can do them cheaper though.

ian_cupra

i still think that fitting a stalk with the trip computer buttons on might enable it to work on these, as surely its built into all the models, but only works with the right stalk in?

orby

Hiya you lot.

New to all this web stuff :doh:and Seat and I have just got mine (1.9tdi sportrider) £9500.00 including all the extra alluminium trin for the vents and the gear shift. only 600odd left in the country according to Barrats Canterbury. Blinding machine! Still running in unlike "FR Sarah" :whistle: but hey, I'm an old fart coming up to my 3 scor!! but choped in my Merc so I could get back to driving something with some attitude. :D Great spec all working but having fun learning how to work all the tech stuff thats hiden. Auto closing windows and radio controls Etc. Etc.

Who knows how to pic up switched power for extra lights and switched ignition power. Also is there a fuse board layout out there??

ORBY

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members