Looking to buy a 1.4 TSI FR TECHNOLOGY 5d 150 BHP

Are there any known issues I should be aware of before I buy

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all,

If you want Android Auto or Apple Car Play go for one with MIB2 infotainment unit, usually late 2015 model (2016 MY).
Even if it has MIB2 these options may need enabling (coding).

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Hi all,

I’ve got the DSG version of the same model (MY16) and it’s been a very reliable car. Only issue I’ve had was front shocks needed replacing at 20K and the rears followed at around 40K miles. Both done under warranty but still seemed unusually early in my experience of driving for over 30 years. So it might be worth checking if these are in good condition, but then again maybe my issues were just down to the number of sleeping policemen on my normal journeys.
Hope that helps.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
My other half decided on a MY17 1.4TSi 150 earlier in the year, it is a great engine. We took it to cornwall and averaged 50+MPG, too. She uses it to pootle around town all day and it still returns 35mpg then.

We've had no issues mechanically and even had a 2 year warranty included as part of the used car finance.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Bought a July 2018 Leon FR 1.4TSi (150) with DSG in May 2019. So been driving it for 3-1/2 years. No problems at all.

Mainly local journeys with some longer trips (50 - 150 miles). Overall mpg is 45mpg with up to 53 on the longer trips.

General drivability & performance is very good but ride (on 18s) is harsh than I really want. Not sure what I would replace it with though.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I have a 2014 1.4 TSI and I can't fault it.
I've had mine mapped so it's a got a bit more go in it than standard and it's plenty fast enough.

Fuel economy is decent if you drive with a bit of sense. Any long periods of acceleration will tank the mpg, get up to speed and keep it steady. Coming from a diesel that was the hardest part, my old civic I could just do as I pleased. But nonetheless, I still get 45MPG on my 16 mile commute, the missus' 2.0TDI only does 50ish on the same route.

Reliability, I've had mine since July 2019 and slapped a good 40k miles on it, currently sat at 73k
Only issues I've had is the blend door actuator failing and a blown turbo, which was self inflicted really.

I would say get one with MIB2, having something like CarPlay or AA is great if you do long journeys. The Seat Nav is rather awful and using a phone holder will break the vents if you have a heavy phone. Plus not mention MIB2 isn't plagued by cold weather issues.

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021
bit of a bumpy ride , but excellent in other ways, Good MPG with the ACT system , I find the brakes a bit weak compared to the 1.2 TSI Leon , But
A good car i can average 55miles MPG at 70MPH on motorway. mines a 2017 model . Bad points some of the FR have a juddery clutch , but i have learned to live with it . Test drive first.

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
From what I hear its a great engine, better than the 1.5 Evo I have.
Cant go wrong, definitely would've opted for that in hindsight.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.