Seat Leon 2007 rear Ticklight retrofit

Feb 26, 2021
Anyone can that advise me i would appreciate it i got these tick light fitted i had to change the full bootlid etc however the main back light aint working neither is the wiper, does anyone know what it could be?
I do have the light sensor on my dash but they have new bulbs in

my car is on a 2007 plate im not sure if that makes a difference

Feb 26, 2021
Please see image below as the inner tick lights not switched on

Attachments

• 5AF6F8E1-114A-4D3C-A8A3-EB630E64533E.jpeg
    5AF6F8E1-114A-4D3C-A8A3-EB630E64533E.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 119

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's probably the tailgate shut sensor. The car thinks the tailgate is open so has shut off the electrics.

The sensor is built into the latch mechanism but check the wiring inside the tailgate in the first instance.

Feb 26, 2021
It's probably the tailgate shut sensor. The car thinks the tailgate is open so has shut off the electrics.

The sensor is built into the latch mechanism but check the wiring inside the tailgate in the first instance.

Thanks buddy i will get the wiring check however do you know anything why the lights aint working...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Check the closed signal from the tailgate latch. If the car thinks the tailgate is open it turns the lights off.

Feb 26, 2021
Check the closed signal from the tailgate latch. If the car thinks the tailgate is open it turns the lights off.

But then on my dash it would say my tailgate is open which it doesn’t say that which is strange

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's switched to negative when open so a broken wire or faulty switch wouldn't make the contact. It was the fact that the wiper is also not working that makes me think it might be this.

Is there enough cable on the rear light wiring to give enough room to plug your old lights in to test?

Reactions: 300bhpdaily
Feb 26, 2021
It's switched to negative when open so a broken wire or faulty switch wouldn't make the contact. It was the fact that the wiper is also not working that makes me think it might be this.

Is there enough cable on the rear light wiring to give enough room to plug your old lights in to test?

Yes i tried testing my old lights wouldn’t work

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I think the switch is on the latch for the tailgate open or closed.
If none of your new or old lights work you should check the plug to the tailgate. If you have a meter you should look for the relevant voltages on the car wiring side.
There's probably a forgotten connection or one that became unplugged or broken during the swap

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I think you should compare the connections and Thier cables. The wiring diagrams should different wire colours for different years altho that doesn't explain why the old lights don't work, unless you kept the new loom in the tailgate.
There is a cabled earth with socket and plug coloured brown but if your fog is earthed so is your reversing light so again it points towards the plug wiring on the positive side.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
From wiring diagrams there are cabling differences in path or colour from 2006 to 2012 and different connection to the onboard supply control unit.
I would be tempted to use the old loom in the new tailgate.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
It's hard to know how things are actually working if you can't test the voltages, well it is for me and the wiring diagrams are terrible in the manual, covering multiple years and left/right hand drive.
You can compare the cabling path for each loom from plug to bulb for each component to identify the differences

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.