seat leon central locking problem

billycaden

hi wondering if ant one can help me i have a 2001 seat leon tdi and the central locking is working but not working

right when i try to lock doors with key in key lock it will only lock drivers door but if i press the lock button on the door card it locks all the doors so i have to press that button and leave drivers door open then i can lock the drivers door with key but if i use the key in the door lock it opens all the central locking

could it be the main central locking unit or just drivers door lock and i forgot i dont have lock or unlock button on the key fob only have a standard key thanks

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I'm thinking you might have a faulty door module in the drivers door. It sounds like it's not sending the signal to the rest of the system to lock the doors. Is that the button up by the window you're on about or do you have electric windows? If not then try that button and see if it works, if it doesn't then I'd be looking at the lock module itself.

Last edited:

Loz Greenwell

I had the same kinda problem with my ibiza but when I used the fob the passenger door wouldn't lock but you could see it move slightly like it was trying to.... Don't know whether its the same with yours, I just whipped the door card off and sprayed a load of WD40 at it and kept operating it buy hand up and down till it became free.

billycaden

I'm thinking you might have a faulty door module in the drivers door. It sounds like it's not sending the signal to the rest of the system to lock the doors. Is that the button up by the window you're on about or do you have electric windows? If not then try that button and see if it works, if it doesn't then I'd be looking at the lock module itself.

yes it does electric windows and that switch next to electric window swiches if i press that all the doors lock
how easy is it to change the module in the door thanks

N1njaboy

Jun 20, 2012
Somerset
I've got exactly the same problem with my 2001 and I cant program my spare key to match the lock/unlock frequency until I get it sorted. I've taken the module out, took it apart, greased everything up but still no luck. Strange thing is all the micro switches are showing as working with a test meter. I'm just going to buy another mechanism for it as it takes me longer to strip the door down than it does take the mechanism out.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You can use vagcom to check the door modules too, I can't remember the exact way you do it but I know it can be done. Might save a bit of hassle

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I've got exactly the same problem with my 2001 and I cant program my spare key to match the lock/unlock frequency until I get it sorted. I've taken the module out, took it apart, greased everything up but still no luck. Strange thing is all the micro switches are showing as working with a test meter. I'm just going to buy another mechanism for it as it takes me longer to strip the door down than it does take the mechanism out.

It's the solder joints that need fixing too, not just the micro-switches

N1njaboy

Jun 20, 2012
Somerset
As mentioned by Seatmann vagcom does check the module when it scans 46 Central Convenience, on mine it came up with "drivers door lock inoperable - unsafe". I've carefully re-soldered all of the joints on the board and still no joy. The only thing I could see is the micro switch with the blue and red wires attatched to it looked pretty worn. For me at least it's definitely a new module I fear.

billycaden

right i got a second hand panel which every think worked from another seat leon i swaped the panel and nothink worked on my car so i swaped it all back and the panels worked do they need to be programmed iv tryed snap on solus but it wont read moduls for some reason i need help

N1njaboy

Jun 20, 2012
Somerset
I searched the internet for hours looking for information on these and apparently there are 2 different types of locking module, 1 which clunks when the car locks/unlocks (older type black one I think fitted to my 2001) and the newer quieter type which is also much smoother and green if my research is correct.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You also need to check the window motor number, some are 1J and some are 1C and the two aren't compatible. If you have electric windows the window module controls the door lock so if the new panel you picked up has the wrong part number it wont work.

rroney21

This has just happened to my 2002 Leon.
Anyone know how much it would cost to get it fixed by a garage roughly?

rroney21

that dosent seem too expensive then
did you source the part your self then?

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
Hi all,

I have a slightly different issue with my central locking.

When I double press the key fob to unlock all doors, my rear passenger door (Driver side) remains locked even though I can hear the mechanisms work, but to be honest it doesnt sound right. This is when the drivers door is fully open.

I try to open the rear door from the outside and its locked. Sometimes it opens up when I simultaneously use the handle from the inside and outside together.

Any ideas what may be the issue? Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members