Seat Leon Coil & Engine Management Light On Dashboard.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Tonight my dpf light came on & about 20 minutes the coil light came in & engine management light.

It's done this before but usually switching enging off & on gets rid of these lights.

But this time the lights have stayed on.

This happened a good few years ago & a sensor needed replacing.

This time tho the last couple of weeks my car smokes when am at 1.500 revs or there about.

Also sometimes when I give it a good blast I can see smoke too.

I noticed less mpg when I got my cambelt changed etc last year.

After the service I had a few months ago it started smoking through the exhaust then.

Still have low mpg about 300-350 miles at most.

Any of you experts can think of any solution?

Seat Leon MK2 TDI FR.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Instead of chancing going to work & back 2morra in limp mode.

I am gonna drop of at garage to get fault codes read.

Any idea if it's another sensor or something else?

celtic1003

Mar 24, 2014
Dpf and coil light is on cause needs a regen won't regen in limp mode .you need to find out what the codes are.when I bought mine I had white smoke at idle and black when putting my foot down plugged vagcom into it and cam timing was out should sort mpg out to .no smoke on my leon fr now

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
The garage have said they don't know the fault codes so have sent them off to autologic. I never heard this before.

They said if cambelt timing is out it would throw up error lights as soon as it was done & I drove home.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Dpf and coil light is on cause needs a regen won't regen in limp mode .you need to find out what the codes are.when I bought mine I had white smoke at idle and black when putting my foot down plugged vagcom into it and cam timing was out should sort mpg out to .no smoke on my leon fr now

That's the same as mine low mpg since cambelt was changed & later on white smoke at idle or 1500 revs. When out foot down black smoke comes out.

Wonder why the independent garage don't know anything about this.

celtic1003

Mar 24, 2014
If they can't read the codes there and then they don't have the proper kit to plug into the car .cam timing slightly out will not put any lights on the dash both there is adjustment on both cams once cambelt is fitted you need vagcom to check measuring block

celtic1003

Mar 24, 2014
I plug my vagcom into my car and read all codes straight off not sure why they can't only takes 2 min's

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Would have fault codes if timing out miss corolation and it would ping light on as soon as it was started. Service don't cause smoking.

This is what they told me since car been with them since Tuesday morning.

I googled autologic & it's a service which diagnoses fault codes first time.

Apparently they sent the fault logs today & yesterday & no reply.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
So I'll have see on my way to work 2morra if my mpg improves drives me nuts getting 300 miles out of a full tank.

I use to get easily over 400 miles a tank to 500 miles even 600 once when driving dead slow lol.

No smoke so far from the 15 mins I drove home & a little test.

celtic1003

Mar 24, 2014
How did they clean the dpf .I had all 3 lights on 5 weeks ago put new dpf sensor on and took it up the motorway after 5 min's dpf down to 0% all lights off cost me 30 pound for a new sensor that's it but I do have vagcom which is life saver and pays for its self I get 600 to a tank of fuel

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
How do you get vag com?

I might want vag com now my car has done nearly 110k miles.

Last few months my dpf light was coming on 2 times a week & that's with 50 miles a day work & back. A good 40-45 miles is motorway 5 days a week.

So I was giving the car good journeys to clear the dpf etc, but over last few weeks was coming on more often.

The smoke at 1500 revs was really bad white smoke.

Then black smoke when shifting through the gears & low mpg.

I did have the warning lights come on engine & coil light a few times but ignored them switched ignition off & back on trick.

Monday night the lights came on couldn't switch them off & limp mode.

So far no smoke but only drove about 15 minutes.

The mpg I'll find out tomorrow when drive work & back, all tho it may need a few days to really judge if mpg will be better than 300 miles a full tank.

Regarding cleaning dpf I never asked how they cleaned it.

Just googled prices & some firms quoting £265 to clean it.

So £320 all in cleaned dpf & New dpf sensor seems a reasonable price.

Even tho you now putting doubts in my mind if they even did it.

They did say after cleaning dpf & putting it back, I had to wait while they did tracking. As tracking needs to be done after it they said.

Anyway I got my car back fingers crossed I can have happy motoring from now on pleaseeeee.

How did they clean the dpf .I had all 3 lights on 5 weeks ago put new dpf sensor on and took it up the motorway after 5 min's dpf down to 0% all lights off cost me 30 pound for a new sensor that's it but I do have vagcom which is life saver and pays for its self I get 600 to a tank of fuel
we have a DPF cleaning kit' which inject chemicals into the unit using a device, it's also a 3 stage chemical clean

How do you get vag com?

I might want vag com now my car has done nearly 110k miles.

Last few months my dpf light was coming on 2 times a week & that's with 50 miles a day work & back. A good 40-45 miles is motorway 5 days a week.

So I was giving the car good journeys to clear the dpf etc, but over last few weeks was coming on more often.

The smoke at 1500 revs was really bad white smoke.

Then black smoke when shifting through the gears & low mpg.

I did have the warning lights come on engine & coil light a few times but ignored them switched ignition off & back on trick.

Monday night the lights came on couldn't switch them off & limp mode.

So far no smoke but only drove about 15 minutes.

The mpg I'll find out tomorrow when drive work & back, all tho it may need a few days to really judge if mpg will be better than 300 miles a full tank.

Regarding cleaning dpf I never asked how they cleaned it.

Just googled prices & some firms quoting £265 to clean it.

So £320 all in cleaned dpf & New dpf sensor seems a reasonable price.

Even tho you now putting doubts in my mind if they even did it.

They did say after cleaning dpf & putting it back, I had to wait while they did tracking. As tracking needs to be done after it they said.

Anyway I got my car back fingers crossed I can have happy motoring from now on pleaseeeee.
i could have cleaned £125 or removed and mapped £340

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise