Sep 20, 2019
Great review @Jimbobcook. I'm new to the Seat Cupra, and have just ordered a 290 DSG LUX in Magnetic Grey - estimated delivery 20th December!!!! I need a time machine, as I can't wait!!
What is the stock sound system like?
I know this is a minor point as the car has it's own engine sound system, but I love my music and have a 40 mile daily commute.
Personally, I love the understated looks of the latest car, but that's probably more to do with being closer to 50 than I would like!!!! My wife is already referring to the car as my midlife crisis (I thinks she is jealous really)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Great review @Jimbobcook. I'm new to the Seat Cupra, and have just ordered a 290 DSG LUX in Magnetic Grey - estimated delivery 20th December!!!! I need a time machine, as I can't wait!!
What is the stock sound system like?
I know this is a minor point as the car has it's own engine sound system, but I love my music and have a 40 mile daily commute.
Personally, I love the understated looks of the latest car, but that's probably more to do with being closer to 50 than I would like!!!! My wife is already referring to the car as my midlife crisis (I thinks she is jealous really)
Congrats on the car!

I'm looking forward to ordering mine once my MK2 sells lol as for your question I was listening to heavy metal for the duration of the long trips I did and its good but not great, by great I mean on the Cupra 300 they had seat sound installed and that sounds great! I didn't mess with the equaliser so it's possible it was just a tweak it needed but it was good enough for me.

I'm not sure if with the lux (which I didn't have) if you get any sound upgrades?

It's not loud enough to be a midlife crisis but I think if you got the Cupra R ST ABT I'm sure that may count haha

Reactions: Mike Bull

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
Congrats on the car!

I'm looking forward to ordering mine once my MK2 sells lol as for your question I was listening to heavy metal for the duration of the long trips I did and its good but not great, by great I mean on the Cupra 300 they had seat sound installed and that sounds great! I didn't mess with the equaliser so it's possible it was just a tweak it needed but it was good enough for me.

I'm not sure if with the lux (which I didn't have) if you get any sound upgrades?

It's not loud enough to be a midlife crisis but I think if you got the Cupra R ST ABT I'm sure that may count haha

:(. Looks like I’m having my midlife crisis at 30 then

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Nope it’s called having a stroke and getting an insurance payout lol, (I’m fine tho so it’s ok)
That escalated quickly lol I'm glad you're ok! Have a stroke... Buy a Cupra R ST ABT haha I like your thinking

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
You getting a MK1? Or is this something to better your current fleet?

Well it’s something completely different for next summer...........
60cb1b9878acbce78c10a72ea62f896d.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
A quick query on the engine in my Cupra ST 4drive DSG supplied April 19 - and yes its a Copra!!

Does the engine have 380NM or 400NM torque (as for the Cupra Ateca) - I have seen spec sheets saying both!!

Personally I think the 4drive does have the higher torque as it also has 300PS rather than 290 that the hatch has.

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.