Seat Leon fr 170 remapping results?

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Hi I just got my seat leon 2007 back today after a stage 2 Remap using a "Dyno Dynamics RR" I am a little puzzles though as to some of the readings.

Before the remap the print out says Original Torque = 235 ft/lb this is down - 115 ft/lb
Before the remap the BHP says = 155 bhp this is down - 15bhp

I thought this been a seat leon FR 170 tdi should be bhp 170 and Torque = 350

After the remap the new settings are.
Remapped Torque = 298 ft/lb a gain of 63 ft/lb
Remapped BHP = 193 bhp a gain of 38 bhp

At the bottom it says no faults to indicate reason for low original Power.
However DPF Pressure seems slightly high.

Another strange thing is the chap told me that Seat now implement a checksum in the ecu.
This meaning if you take the car to seat after someone has remapped it they drop an updated ecu fr map on it with a checksum, So if you go to remap the car after this the car is made useless, This i find hard to belive but would like this questioned answered if possible.

My main concern though is I seem to be missing 100ft/lb of torque and around 10 bhp as the settings i have been told that they should be after a remap is.

Estimated Torque = 400 ft/lb
Estimated BHP = 205 bhp

Anyone know the reason for such bad original readings and mapping?

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
the torque is 350nm not lbft

your getting your lbft and nm mixed up

as for bhp seat dropped the bhp with a software upgrade, still seems a little low on bhp side tho

also that seems to be a stage 1 remap not a stage 2

Last edited:

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Thanks for putting me right.
So it could be that seat have allready flashed it to 155bhp and would this be the reason for the loss of Torque?

Cheers
Silent

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks for putting me right.
So it could be that seat have allready flashed it to 155bhp and would this be the reason for the loss of Torque?

Cheers
Silent

I wouldnt say you have lost torque as 298lbft = 405nm which is about right for a remapped stage 1 leon

Seat reduced power slightly due to DPF issues so the 170s are probably 160 odd

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Them figures look abour right to be honest mate

As chan has said are Stage 2's are only putting out about 320lb.ft (Well i say only its quite alot)

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
Well guys it is nice to get the assurance from you all that the results seem to be about right.

The guy at pdtuning.com in boldon did have 2 offers on the table.

Stage 1 = £199.00
Stage 2 = £299.00

Stage one not on a Dyno Dynamics RR
Stage two on a Dyno Dynamics RR

Although the guy did say it is defenetly a stage 2 remap as I did question it.
A stage 1 would be good but not as good as a stage 2 he said.
Been a punter I take there word for it.

It also seems like Seat had remapped my car on a service before i got it hence the 155bhp
Is there anything I can do about the "DPF Pressure seems slightly high" NO light or loss of power though just the message from the tuning company.

Cheers
Silent

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Well guys it is nice to get the assurance from you all that the results seem to be about right.

The guy at pdtuning.com in boldon did have 2 offers on the table.

Stage 1 = £199.00
Stage 2 = £299.00

Stage one not on a Dyno Dynamics RR
Stage two on a Dyno Dynamics RR

Although the guy did say it is defenetly a stage 2 remap as I did question it.
A stage 1 would be good but not as good as a stage 2 he said.
Been a punter I take there word for it.

It also seems like Seat had remapped my car on a service before i got it hence the 155bhp
Is there anything I can do about the "DPF Pressure seems slightly high" NO light or loss of power though just the message from the tuning company.

Cheers
Silent
Thats definitely not a stage 2.

Thats not the stage 2 that Andrew and I have. We would class that as a custom stage 1.

A proper stage two is where hardware is actually changed to enhance performance. In our case, the DPF has been removed and a more aggressive remap has taken place.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh stage 2 is usually an Exhaust System,Panel filter and Remap to suit

in our case it also includes a DPF Removal

Hes maybe sold you a Stage2 Remap but youve not got the Mod's to support it so in reality you have only got a stage1

Silent2010

Seat Leon FR 242.8 tdi
Feb 5, 2010
Cleveland
This is somthing I had said but he just said it is up to me if i wish to buy it at the price or not.
Not knowing i just thought well for £299:00 it seems a good price so I got it.

Wonder now if i had got hes stage 1 the setting would of been the same.
Aw well it is done now and it shows good performance for the price.

Still a little worried about what he has said about the DFP showing slightly high!

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Im not sure what hes talking about to be honest! I dont know much about these DPF's all as i know is i havent got one now

But as far as im aware you only need to be worried if its blocked full of soot! Never heard of high pressure?Anyone got the know on this?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
At the bottom it says no faults to indicate reason for low original Power.
However DPF Pressure seems slightly high.

Anyone know the reason for such bad original readings and mapping?
Seat would appear to have been detuning the 170's due to DPF problems. I had my remap overwritten some montha ago and had to get it reflashed at cost £50.00 not impressed!@?~. Im sure we could put a case against Seat/ VAG for trade description?? especially has they DO NOT forwarn you of what they are going to do. at least if they advised you you could say yes or no!! In fact I would preferr the following option: remove DPF and ecu rework and get it reclasified at a higher Co2 and pay the one off tax hike and enjoy the performance. .................................................

Last edited:

vdubzfr

hi there im new to the site so just sayn hi first to all seat lovers.........
my question was if u remap and change tourque settings to over 300lbft does it increase chance of ur clutch slipping or is that just a rumour

and a silly question but aint guna learn if i dont ask
i have a chip attached to the side of my engine on my leon fr tdi 2005, how do find out wat type of chip it is and how good it is for my leon

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I'd just like to make a comment on the "Seat detuning the 170's"

All i can say is, I'm glad i dont live in the mainland! I put this across to my dealer some time ago when i first heard about it and the very nice woman that deals with servicing etc cut me off and assured me they DO NOT alter the car's ECU/performance in any way... If there was some reason why they would do this they would tell me this before anything was carried out. She also added that to her knowledge, no such work had been carried out by them on anyone's FR 170.

To be honest if I went to any of your local dealers and they did this behind my back I wouldn't be long in telling them to get it back into the garage and rectify it! It just doesn't make sense, especially since its only a handful of unfortunate people that are having DPF issues...

How many of you actually know for definate that SEAT have altered your original settings and have less power than when you bought the car?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
In reply to the OP

Maybe these guys are correct and your car has been brought down in power by Seat but surely this wouldn't matter when the new map is put on? I dont know much about mapping but I would have thought it was like starting with a clean slate and not dependant on the pervious map as to what the end result will be with regards to bhp and lb/ft?

Another thing to consider is the RR itself, maybe something went wrong there, you could try a different RR and see what that shows?

If the above doesnt shed any light on the situation, and its just my own opinion of course, but this tuner seems a bit of a cowboy...

Let us know how you get on anyway!

FR_Flavoured

Seat have been detuning the 170's due to DPF problems. I had my remap overwritten some montha ago and had to get it reflashed at cost £50.00 not impressed!@?~. Im sure we could put a case against Seat/ VAG for trade description?? especially has they DO NOT forwarn you of what they are going to do. at least if they advised you you could say yes or no!! In fact I would preferr the following option: remove DPF and ecu rework and get it reclasified at a higher Co2 and pay the one off tax hike and enjoy the performance. .................................................

You have a point with this, as mine went in about a week ago due to DPF Sensor issues.
Now repaired, Im sure it DOESN'T feel as rapid as it did before it went in.

The girl in SEAT did say they might update the ECU firmware while its in, to help fix an intermittent DPF issue too. But the worksheet only states the Sensor was replaced (nothing about an ECU update).

When you think of the word "update", usually you see this as positive and something that helps provide a fix ! I was under no impression the update would have a negative effect on Performance (why buy a TDi FR in the first place, if SEAT then "de-tune" it for you)!!

Also if I phone them now, they will probably not remember or be aware of what ELSE did get done while it was in. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

gooseuk

Just reading this thread as i like to hear peoples views on maps and the dps etc.

Just shocking to heat that seat maybe loweing the bhp.

I just hope to god mine did not get lowerd back in october when i took it for its last service to seat.

sione

Pdtuning will say & do anything to get your money - they are the most unprofessional outfit I have ever come across. I had a stage 2 remap which went wrong - there is no increase in the cars power & the MPG has gone down. When I asked for my "No quibble refund" I was given the run around for a few weeks & then told they dont refund & it was a problem with my car & not their work - something which my local dealership has said they are lieing. They should not be allowed to trade - spread the word.

tomg1988

I wouldnt say you have lost torque as 298lbft = 405nm which is about right for a remapped stage 1 leon

Seat reduced power slightly due to DPF issues so the 170s are probably 160 odd

Just read your convo about the tdi fr 170, do you know if this issue about seat underpowering them down came in effect wid 2009 plate models

Thanks tom

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Just read your convo about the tdi fr 170, do you know if this issue about seat underpowering them down came in effect wid 2009 plate models

Thanks tom

dont think they actually do to be honest..... like it has been said before it was all rumours (sp?). By Law SEAT couldn't down grade the performance of a car and not change the spec of the car.... They would then be selling a 170ps spec car and it actually only producing 150-160ps.

The more i read about it the more it sounds like BS

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.