Seat Leon fr 170 remapping results?

alves_fr

accurate rolling road

hi there im new to the site so just sayn hi first to all seat lovers.........
my question was if u remap and change tourque settings to over 300lbft does it increase chance of ur clutch slipping or is that just a rumour

and a silly question but aint guna learn if i dont ask
i have a chip attached to the side of my engine on my leon fr tdi 2005, how do find out wat type of chip it is and how good it is for my leon

Hello,
first of all id like to say hello and introduce myself to all of you guys!
following on what ive just read from this use. personally I wouldn't recommend any sort of chip box. I have a friend who had one of these on and ended up messing his turbo up..

your better off going out and getting your car remapped by people suck as r tech power up in leister.
ask for nick they are by far the best for remap and RR on any vag cars!!

r tech
Unit 17
Phoenix Business Park Brindley Rd
Hinckley,
Leicestershire
LE10 3BY

The RR (rolling Road) they have is very honest and VERY accurate!

hope this helps :)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Pdtuning will say & do anything to get your money - they are the most unprofessional outfit I have ever come across. I had a stage 2 remap which went wrong - there is no increase in the cars power & the MPG has gone down. When I asked for my "No quibble refund" I was given the run around for a few weeks & then told they dont refund & it was a problem with my car & not their work - something which my local dealership has said they are lieing. They should not be allowed to trade - spread the word.

Pretty much my findings.
I had my cr170 remapped by these cowboys and surprise surprise they told me my car was way down on torque and down a few bhp standard.
Amazingly after a stage 1 map it made fantastic figures 210 bhp.
Anyway after thinking the car went better for a short while I picked up on a harsh diesel knock. Eventually they agreed to update my software which they did and that was the end. The car was down on power and terrible on fuel to the point it was almost undriveable.
Same problem no refund and just fobbed off told my car had a fault. Which it didn't.
I lost £384 to these absolutely useless cowboys and paid for a Revo map elsewhere and my god I have a true 210 bhp now and the difference is massive.
Anyone else thinking of having a remap by pdt tuning or Sedox performance which ever they fancy calling themselves then don't.
Pay a little extra and get a proper job with realistic dyno readings.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.