Seat leon FR 170bhp CR TDI Tuning Twin channel Box

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
I've seen this video before. I'm not been funny but your sat at 52mph on a motorway I presume probably in the flat aswell. If you drove a full tank on the motorway then yeah you would avg 70mpg but this would take you over 10 hours and isn't accurate. I can get 101mpg doing a 5 mile trip to the train station but ain't accurate.

Like somebody has said you need to do a full up, reset your trip, brim it again when nearlly empty and see how much you've put in against the mileage done.

Sorry but sitting at 52mph on the motorway isn't accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok when I go on holiday I'll see the range on the tank, I got about 700miles on motorway awhile back on a full tank but didn't take a pic lol

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
The 70mpg can be shown from a video I made a while back when I got the car, the mpg I got with the box varied and also the results from the dyno measures the bhp on the wheel or clutch so it you want to find out the engine bhp which most vehicle manufacture state, multiply the dyno results by 115%, and also to find out the bhp of a car on the wheel multiply the engine bhp by 85% this varies with AWD

I don't need to see a video, I never sayed you were lying, I said your ecu was lying. How can you expect to get an accurate result of mpg when you are making your sensors lie about the information they are receiving.
This thread is like banging your head against a brick wall.
I can get 70mpg if I drive like miss daisy aswel.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I've seen this video before. I'm not been funny but your sat at 52mph on a motorway

Sorry but sitting at 52mph on the motorway isn't accurate.

And all those drivers that went past you waving and flashing were not applauding you for your driving skills...... :D

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I've only just seen the video, to film yourself driving on a motorway for 90+ seconds is stupid and incredibly irresponsible.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Am I missing something? Why not just return the tuning box which clearly isn't right for your car and enjoy the remap? Why get rid of the remap and keep the box?

I would guess that the RR is showing whp as torque has gone up so power must also. 170whp is 195bhp (roughly) which would seem right with 290lbft (14% and 12%increases respectfully). So the car has a remap and you seem to enjoy the power the car puts out.

Just don't take a videos whilst driving......It is dangerous and proves nothing.

Last edited:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Why does it say clutch power though? And he should be making more than 290ftlb of torque is remapped I would have thought.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Why does it say clutch power though? And he should be making more than 290ftlb of torque is remapped I would have thought.

I think it's a typo. Remap results will vary, as will dyno results. We don't know anything about the map, it could be a custom clutch friendly map that limits the engine output.

The torque cannot go up without bhp going up as they are directly related, unless the torque increases, but only lower down the rev range not at all around peak power, which would be a very strange way to map a car!

Not sure it can be a 140 as the road tax is too high.

Last edited:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Is it just me or is clutch power exactly the same as flywheel power??? Meaning that it's 173bhp full stop. Non of this wheel hp x115% sh!t

Could this be a 140bhp that's been remapped and sold as a 170bhp???

We've already ruled this out pal. It's defo a 170. Like the above post it could be wheel horse power.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just don't take a videos whilst driving......It is dangerous and proves nothing.
It proves something......;)
My CR140 Passat has just brought me all the way to Southern Spain, two up, fully loaded. Sat at limit on autoroutes and has done 750-800 miles to a tank. A few weeks before GF had used it for her work run (8-10 miles a day through Brum) and it struggled to do more than 520 to a tank.
Your motorway film, apart from being dangerous, proves nothing. Was it uphill, downhill, winding, windy, raining ? Was the car fully loaded or empty?

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
It proves something......;)
My CR140 Passat has just brought me all the way to Southern Spain, two up, fully loaded. Sat at limit on autoroutes and has done 750-800 miles to a tank. A few weeks before GF had used it for her work run (8-10 miles a day through Brum) and it struggled to do more than 520 to a tank.
Your motorway film, apart from being dangerous, proves nothing. Was it uphill, downhill, winding, windy, raining ? Was the car fully loaded or empty?

it wasn't just flat road, if most of you use the M6, you would know its full of windy patches, uphill, down hill and also trucks (which are great to stay behind but not to close lol). the car wasn't fully loaded just me, besides that was a while back and yes i made sure i kept a good distant from the car infront of me and also used my mirrors lol

FlameRevenge

Oct 14, 2011
Crewe Cheshire
www.youtube.com
Am I missing something? Why not just return the tuning box which clearly isn't right for your car and enjoy the remap? Why get rid of the remap and keep the box?

I would guess that the RR is showing whp as torque has gone up so power must also. 170whp is 195bhp (roughly) which would seem right with 290lbft (14% and 12%increases respectfully). So the car has a remap and you seem to enjoy the power the car puts out.

am not completely sure what map is in my car, ill speak to the dealers to try and see what the can do, if the can give me a copy of the map on m car, while returning it to stock, or if the can just give me the contact of the person who used to own the car, maybe abit of £ :whistle: might help if i had any lol joke, but on the serious not i need to find out exactly whats been done to the car and by who, so that way i can know where i stand.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Look like bog standard flywheel power and a tuning box that does nothing, either faulty, rubbish or not fitted correctly.

Any decent tuner will be able to tell you whether your car is mapped or not, as well as return it to standard for you if need be.

LeedsFR

More importantly you keep saying you’ve just been a full time student please for the love of god tell me it was an art degree and not engineering or something that requires some actual intellect?

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
Not a criticism. more a style tip, if on the internet you are talking out of your arse, then typing "LOL" after every statement doesn't make the people reading it think "Oh, that's OK then"

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.