SEAT Leon Mk 3 1.4 TSI 125 - 60k - Coolant Leak

awrjackson

Sep 23, 2018
Hi All. While on holiday over the summer I had a coolant warning light come on. at 60k or so miles. I took it straight to the local SEAT dealer who said there was a water pump gasket leak, minor. I had that fixed recently.

After the fix, the coolant dropped substantially on the way home. Spoke to the dealer who said it was probably just air in the system and I should top up where needed. I topped up.

2 weeks later and it's losing about 100ml of coolant every 200 miles, which I've topped up a couple of times.

I've seen online there could be issues with the heater matrix, but is it more likely the leak just hasn't been repaired properly? A bit tired of being without the car but needs fixing. Still under 5 year SEAT factory warranty, is the only positive. Original water pump and timing belt still.

Any tips gratefully received.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi All. While on holiday over the summer I had a coolant warning light come on. at 60k or so miles. I took it straight to the local SEAT dealer who said there was a water pump gasket leak, minor. I had that fixed recently.

After the fix, the coolant dropped substantially on the way home. Spoke to the dealer who said it was probably just air in the system and I should top up where needed. I topped up.

2 weeks later and it's losing about 100ml of coolant every 200 miles, which I've topped up a couple of times.

I've seen online there could be issues with the heater matrix, but is it more likely the leak just hasn't been repaired properly? A bit tired of being without the car but needs fixing. Still under 5 year SEAT factory warranty, is the only positive. Original water pump and timing belt still.

Any tips gratefully received.
Take it to a different dealer.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
As Adam suggested get it to a dealer, could be an issue with the gasket for the pump or thermostat housing could have an issue so many possibilities best to get it checked over for piece of mind.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.