Seat Leon Mk1 HID install

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/5th-gen-4000-lumens/h7-5th-gen-4000-lumens

These have 30% off at the moment, tempted to get the ones for full beam, if they do them.

Hi there.
Those are the ones I was going for but when I hit Ebay my pocket saw better deals :)
I know most Ebay deals aren't genuine Philips LumiLeds ZES but I've taken my chances over a deal that suited my needs and all go ok. The product is great, advertised like genuine Philips and warranty for 2 years. 2 years almost gone and zero problems so far.

If you got the cash go for it - can't go wrong. Fits well but the metal spring will need some adjustment because the cooler hits it.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Damn it! Forget to tell you guys to watch out those kits with fans!! Avoid them. It generates plenty of heat that fans dissipates into the headlight rising its inside temperature. Not good for all the wires and plastic cover - especially in the summer.

The worst is that those fans usually die soon and without vent the leds will burst. Another thing that some people refer to: noise. The fans make a Zummm noise after some time of use. And drains more energy.

I hope these facts won't appear right away.

Go for fanless kits. They use the method like computer graphic cards with passive coolers - no fans, just aluminium core and designed vents to dissipate the heat throught the metal. Some even use 4 or 5 metal sleeves instead of a bolk cooler.

Mine never got hot besides 20ºC.

Hi bud
Are you running the fanless version? If so would you have a source to buy from?
Doesn't matter if it's in Portugal or anywhere else.
A good friend has a very modded original CRX V Tech and has a cold air intake in front of his light cluster and there's no room for a fan.
Also as you said they sometimes have problems with the fans as they get older, I'd like to check out the fanless option too.
Any link or telephone number, to point me in the right direction would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi bud
Are you running the fanless version? If so would you have a source to buy from?
Doesn't matter if it's in Portugal or anywhere else.
A good friend has a very modded original CRX V Tech and has a cold air intake in front of his light cluster and there's no room for a fan.
Also as you said they sometimes have problems with the fans as they get older, I'd like to check out the fanless option too.
Any link or telephone number, to point me in the right direction would be a great help.

Hi there mate.

Here you have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H7-LED-Headlight-Lumileds-50W-replacemen-Bulb-2004-2009-Mazda3-Low-Beam-/222602517611?vxp=mtr&hash=item33d424dc6b

Please note that this is the same seller (X-Light) who I bought mine.
The descripton of the item is exactly like the same I bought - same Philips Lumileds, best pattern, 2 year warranty, and so on..
However the design of the backside of my lamps aren't like that. This is a new generation. It seems smaller so it should fit better. :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So my homage to Euro style 80s cars is under way.
I've done the fog lights.
Yellow tint Vinyl. Quite subtle I recon.
I think they look great.
Had positive comments from all so far.
What do you think?
I think it helps the car is silver.
I've just bought some yellow bulbs for them too to finish it off in the dark.
e067186d95bd9250fdc98353234c78ff.jpg

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
So my homage to Euro style 80s cars is under way.
I've done the fog lights.
Yellow tint Vinyl. Quite subtle I recon.
I think they look great.
Had positive comments from all so far.
What do you think?
I think it helps the car is silver.
I've just bought some yellow bulbs for them too to finish it off in the dark.
e067186d95bd9250fdc98353234c78ff.jpg

Look sweet Sparkie v nice , my lcr is silver too but so far just carbon wing mirrors

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Chiffs

Jun 23, 2014
Anyone else running these fanless led headlightnbulbs. First time out late last night and I think the stock headlights are poo. Used to xenons in previous cars which doesn't help.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Anyone else running these fanless led headlightnbulbs. First time out late last night and I think the stock headlights are poo. Used to xenons in previous cars which doesn't help.

Which bulbs have you got?
Fanless are in this thread. Have a read.
Battoussai uses them.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I got the lumileds from a UK seller, they are bright white and illuminate well. I don't think they quite match the nightbreakers for distance but they are plenty good enough and have the same light pattern so they don't blind anyone. You can turn then 360 degrees, they are fanless and the whole lot fits inside the covers (no drilling holes)

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I got the lumileds from a UK seller, they are bright white and illuminate well. I don't think they quite match the nightbreakers for distance but they are plenty good enough and have the same light pattern so they don't blind anyone. You can turn then 360 degrees, they are fanless and the whole lot fits inside the covers (no drilling holes)

Yeap. That's right. The distance can't match the Osram Nightbreaker or a Philips X-treme but the range width and the brightness are very good.
I guess there are plenty of brands in Ebay and some may not use the best LED for that. Lots of china stuff around.
I even don't know if my advertised Philips Lumileds are in fact original but I've paid for a better product and it suits me well. :D

Chiffs

Jun 23, 2014
Which bulbs have you got?
Fanless are in this thread. Have a read.
Battoussai uses them.

Just stock at the moment. Will be upgrading as stock just ain’t that great. Have had a read though.
Was just after feedback on them, looks I don’t care about. Illumination is what I’m interested in

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just stock at the moment. Will be upgrading as stock just ain’t that great. Have had a read though.

Was just after feedback on them, looks I don’t care about. Illumination is what I’m interested in

Distance is the killer with LED. or so I'm finding out.
Great bright white up close but you don't get distance.
Funny thing is I have new light clusters and the light with standard bulbs is really good ( if yellowish ) as the reflectors are new and uber shiny. Good distance.
LED is a compromise.

Go ski

Chiffs

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for that comment. Will find myself some piaa bulbs then as want some distance due to being n wiltshire and full of Country dark roads.

TheE46Dream

Jun 9, 2016
Can anybody post a picture of the best possible mounting positions of the ballasts in the Leon engine bay?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Here's what my LEDs look like. Pretty good beam.
TBH there's not a great difference to halogens in beam projection. . But the halogens seem to pick out contours better
d60d0c84497fd5a3eb9b76ced59afb95.jpg

Turn Up The Boost

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members