Seat Leon Mk2 - Cold Air Intake System

Apr 17, 2022
Hi guys,

I am looking at putting a K&N 69-9756TFK Typhoon Intake system into my Seat Leon Mk2 2011 2.0l TDI, but not sure if this will be worth it or whether there are any cheaper / better options to go with. Any ideas?
Just had a stage 1 remap to 185bhp - 393nm torque as well.

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Hi, it’s a cold air intake mate
What R3k1355 is asking is whether its a filter with an oil filtration. Being a K&N chances are it does have an oil on the filter. I previously had a ramair induction kit that was a dry filter. It was good but unless you have a map to suit it causes flat spots. Another thing with these is the noise. It's fun to start with but after a while especially on a daily car, the sound of Darth Vader about to blow his load does become a bit annoying

Reactions: Carwizzb
Apr 17, 2022
What R3k1355 is asking is whether its a filter with an oil filtration. Being a K&N chances are it does have an oil on the filter. I previously had a ramair induction kit that was a dry filter. It was good but unless you have a map to suit it causes flat spots. Another thing with these is the noise. It's fun to start with but after a while especially on a daily car, the sound of Darth Vader about to blow his load does become a bit annoying
Yeh I am still contemplating it. I think it’s a dry filter like the RamAir. I’ve watched a couple of installation vids and no mention of oil filtration. I have just had a stage 1 remap so it might be okay. Not sure though so just browsing about currently.

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
They come pre-oiled (just Googled), then when you clean it you have to oil it again. Generally, the oil doesn't play too much havoc with the MAF as long as you don't over oil it. I've currently got a K&N panel filter in my air box with no issues. I do want to change it for a dry option though just for ease of cleaning. It could have just been the stage1 map I had but where the initial throttle response was great, getting it to have the power throughout the rev range was poor compared to the standard air box

Apr 17, 2022
They come pre-oiled (just Googled), then when you clean it you have to oil it again. Generally, the oil doesn't play too much havoc with the MAF as long as you don't over oil it. I've currently got a K&N panel filter in my air box with no issues. I do want to change it for a dry option though just for ease of cleaning. It could have just been the stage1 map I had but where the initial throttle response was great, getting it to have the power throughout the rev range was poor compared to the standard air box
Do you think it’s worth me getting a K&N then? I have no turbo flutter or any intake noise currently and would like this.

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
It really is entirely up to you. I went with the RamAir kit because of the price. It came with a foam cone filter which imo looked a bit naff but they also make a cotton pleated dry cone which was still cheap enough compared to having bought the K&N. Obviously with the K&N Typhoon you get the red cone which some people prefer and the metal pipe that will have slightly better cooling properties over the silicone. As for noise, you will definitely have the intake noise. I can't remember how much flutter I heard but after having done Midlands to Scotland with the constant sucking noise every time I touched the pedal it wasn't worth it for me anymore (maybe I'm just getting old)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members