Seat Leon X-Perience 2.0 TDI 2017 - rotors and pads size?

Nov 12, 2022
I am a happy owner of a 2017 Seat Leon X-pericence 2.0 TDI 110KW/150PS. I have some vibrations when braking and I do not think that the discs or pads has been changed on this car. So - it´s time to do that now. I checked my build spec to find the PR code to find out wich size rotors and pads I should order. Strange thing is that PR code for brakes is non existing on this car.

Does any one know how to find out without removing the wheels and measure? I´d like to do the job myself but a bit of a back problem is stopping me from removing the wheels and measuring the discs at the moment...

IMG_5551 (2).jpeg

Cheers from Sweden.

Nov 12, 2022
Ok. I made a simple contraption to measure the disc without taking the wheel off. Works if you have alloys on. Seems like the rear discs are 272mm and the fronts are 288mm.

IMG_5556.jpeg

Reactions: SuperV8

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I am a happy owner of a 2017 Seat Leon X-pericence 2.0 TDI 110KW/150PS. I have some vibrations when braking and I do not think that the discs or pads has been changed on this car. So - it´s time to do that now. I checked my build spec to find the PR code to find out wich size rotors and pads I should order. Strange thing is that PR code for brakes is non existing on this car.

Does any one know how to find out without removing the wheels and measure? I´d like to do the job myself but a bit of a back problem is stopping me from removing the wheels and measuring the discs at the moment...

View attachment 34408

Cheers from Sweden.
Strange how there are no 1Z# PR codes.
Nice idea to measure the existing discs though.

Brake judder is disc thickness variation (DTV) - This only needs to be a few microns variation in thickness for you to feel it through the pedal. - which has two main causes.
Wear - as the disc runout isn't perfect the disc rubs the pads at the 2 highest points - this over time wears thin causing judder.
Uneven friction material transfer - the friction material can transfer onto the disc 'unevenly' and were it does is a 'thick' spot which also causes brake judder.

DTV caused by wear would normally mean new discs - ensuring the disc mounting hub is perfectly clean.
DTV caused by uneven friction material transfer can sometimes be cured by carrying out some heavy braking/burnishing - I would use 10x stops from 60mph-20mph in a row using quite strong braking (not an ABS level stop - but fairly strong), then drive for a few miles to allow the brakes to cool. If this doesn't help then you would also need new discs - but at least trying this burnishing process is free!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members