Seat lowering Springs

Hello..

I notice on the seat website you can now get lowering springs for the ibiza. And mine looks like a 4x4 how high it is. So i was thinking of getting these when i get a bit money. I asked my dad to price it up for me. and the garage i bought the car from said to him 132 quid for the springs which i expected. but then said fitting would be 380 quid! do you have to get them fitted by a seat dealer to uphold warrenty? and is that price not a bit high?

thanks

dan

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Any dealer could do it without affecting the warranty (assuming that fitting them doesn't, it shuoldn't as it's an official SEAT approved part but it doesn't hurt to have it in writing first)

Dec 3, 2009
£380 for fitting??!?!?!?1 are you having a laugh?!?!?!?! thats well expensive!!!! might aswell get some coilovers.... :)

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I think these are the -35mm Eibach's with seat sport logo. What’s ironic is I was going to buy these and asked my local seat dealership to fit them. Since they are like a hedge hog in car headlights when it comes to modifications they turned it down.
A couple of month’s later seat provide the same springs and will be expecting seat garages to fit them. FAIL for local seat.. again (on the modification front).
It will be interesting to see if this will void warranty if not fitted by the dealer.
Still doesn’t change anything, i’ll be going for the coilovers.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Hello..

I notice on the seat website you can now get lowering springs for the ibiza. And mine looks like a 4x4 how high it is. So i was thinking of getting these when i get a bit money. I asked my dad to price it up for me. and the garage i bought the car from said to him 132 quid for the springs which i expected. but then said fitting would be 380 quid! do you have to get them fitted by a seat dealer to uphold warrenty? and is that price not a bit high?

thanks

dan
I have a set of Eibach lowering springs and factory Cupra dampers lying around, done 1,500 miles, might sell - I now have coilovers.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
hmm just looking at aa route planner its a 8 hour round trip if no body else wants them i guess i could make the drive down, less interested now i have seen the distance XD (still sort of interested though)

EDIT: let me check with my dealer first if they can be fitted to the 1.4 then i probably will drive down, ill keep in touch,

in the mean time if someone else offers you the money for them and they are closer just sell them mate

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
I was led to believe that the FR Cupra & boc are already lower than the other models, I guess these just lower things further? or are they the same spec? I would ask my dealer but not sure they will know....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.