Seat Sound - any ways to improve it?

fumeshroom

Sep 7, 2020
So basically, I've owned my mk3 fr leon for 7+ years

It's got SEAT sound, which has been great.

I've already done the following to get the most out of the system and in particular the bass

- Soundproofed the doors
- Set bluetooth audio volume to 'loud' or whatever it is (can't remember the exact setting)
- Set the EQ to look from left to right to look a bit a ski slope (high on left hand side, sloping to middle and then continuing across the middle into the treble sliders)
- Applied the silver sound deadening material under the boot floor (which has gone beneath the spare wheel and subwoofer)

The issue I've got now is, I've just returned from a music festival - and now I want better sound.

I don't really want to change my car just for a better sound system, it wouldn't make financial sense to do so either.

Contrary to that, I also wouldn't want to spend a small fortune on upgrading the system just for a marginal gain. The car is a 2013 model and done approx 127k miles.

What can I do to further improve the current sound system in my car? I'm primarily looking for stronger and more punchy bass. Would adding a second factory subwoofer make any difference at all? I was thinking to make a hole in the parcel shelf and somehow secure it in there, whilst splitting the cable from the existing subwoofer situated within the spare wheel.

I looked at the B&O Audi spare wheel subwoofers but after researching they had the exact same part number as what is in the seat sound system.

Things for consideration
I don't really want to change the head unit from standard
I don't really want to lose any boot space

I appreciate I may be asking for the impossible but any tips/suggestions are welcome

Thank you,

Justin82

Jun 12, 2022
I may be being a bit dim but wouldnt the most straight forward option be to actually upgrade the quality of the speakers themselves and therefore keeping the existing unit?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.