Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
i will have a go at this myself in the next few weeks.
Could someone help me with the required size for the wiring of the subwoofer and the dash speaker? I’ m thinking of getting the one in the link below, not sure how good it is? Thank you!

I personally would not use that cable, it's unlikely to be copper core at that price. For my sub wiring I used this KabelDirekt - Pure Copper Stereo Audio Speaker Wire and: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics which is OFC thin-wall cable The outer dimensions of our 2x1,5mm2 speaker cable are 2,6mm x 5,8mm. For the centre speaker I used .5mm thin-wall cable that I had from my car electrical days.

Reactions: czr_gabriel

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
For all my retrofits I have used Auprotec cables. They come in various colors and sizes and if you are a bit lucky you can find some to match the factory setups.

They can be found on Ebay for very reasonable prices.

Reactions: czr_gabriel
Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I also will install the centerspeaker and the subwoofer from the seat sound system. The wireing and the pinout on the controlunit is not the problem. I only don't know witch zdc-parameter-file from my vcp-system I have to take. The partnumber of my controlunit is 5F0 035 877 and don't find the right file with the right partnumber.
There is a file with soundparameters with PR 9vd and for combi and hatchback (leon_soundparameters....zdc). I don't know the correct filename at the moment.
I don't want to crash my controlunit with the wrong parameterfile.

Has someone an idea?

Best regards

sneiser

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi everyone,
I also will install the centerspeaker and the subwoofer from the seat sound system. The wireing and the pinout on the controlunit is not the problem. I only don't know witch zdc-parameter-file from my vcp-system I have to take. The partnumber of my controlunit is 5F0 035 877 and don't find the right file with the right partnumber.
There is a file with soundparameters with PR 9vd and for combi and hatchback (leon_soundparameters....zdc). I don't know the correct filename at the moment.
Has someone an idea?
Best regards
sneiser
Are you sure your 5F unit is suitable for Seat Sound? Not all of them are. Also I believe as long as you choose a zdc file suitable for your car (hatchback or ST and LHD - assuming yor car is LHD) it should be OK.

Dec 13, 2020
I have managed to do the rewire based on the instructions on this forum and reading through the spanish one, however there is one thing I can’t find and that’s the polarity/phasing of the subwoofer wires.

i managed to do it for the center speaker(Pic 1) with a 1.5v battery, but don’t feel like taking the sub apart to see the cone moving.

could someone help me with some info on which sub wire is the positive one? Red /grey or grey?(pic 2)

Then according to the polarity in the diagram attached, I presume this(+) will go in Pin 9 ( pic 3), leaving the other wire(-) to go to pin 13.

Pic 1 - polarity of centre speaker

B77BE346-496C-4AFA-8BA0-A3E0205E47DB.jpeg

Pic 2 - Sub phasing(???)
FBD855BE-68A5-4D77-AC08-8B745F808FDB.jpeg

Pic 3 - pin position and polarity

24EFA808-D1BD-4461-89CC-568E304D9C35.jpeg

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have managed to do the rewire based on the instructions on this forum and reading through the spanish one, however there is one thing I can’t find and that’s the polarity/phasing of the subwoofer wires.

i managed to do it for the center speaker(Pic 1) with a 1.5v battery, but don’t feel like taking the sub apart to see the cone moving.

could someone help me with some info on which sub wire is the positive one? Red /grey or grey?(pic 2)

Then according to the polarity in the diagram attached, I presume this(+) will go in Pin 9 ( pic 3), leaving the other wire(-) to go to pin 13.

Pic 1 - polarity of centre speaker

View attachment 20799

Pic 2 - Sub phasing(???)
View attachment 20800

Pic 3 - pin position and polarity

View attachment 20801
If you look at the plugs they have numbers on them, quite hard to see but number 1 is negative - and number 2 is positive +. From memory the red/grey is +.
If you want to check the Sub polarity it is easy, just undo the 4 screws on the cover plate and you with see the cone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefan147
Jul 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Has someone an idea?

Best regards

sneiser
hi, you found right parameter for your 5F

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Does anyone install some other subwoofer than the original one 5F0035382 ?
Btw the original seat sound subwoofer is a passive one right?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Does anyone install some other subwoofer than the original one 5F0035382 ?
Btw the original seat sound subwoofer is a passive one right?
I installed a Bass Tube as a temporary measure, but it wasn't as good as the Seat one, plus it took up too much space.
Yes, the Seat one is passive.

Nov 21, 2022
Hi. I installed joying android in my seat leon 5f 2018. All is fine but no sound on main speakers , only tweeters.

I thought that I might be able to solve my problem like this in the pictures, but after installing aftermarket android, VCDS does not allow me to enter that part to make changes. Has anyone had a similar experience?

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Hi. I installed joying android in my seat leon 5f 2018. All is fine but no sound on main speakers , only tweeters.

I thought that I might be able to solve my problem like this in the pictures, but after installing aftermarket android, VCDS does not allow me to enter that part to make changes. Has anyone had a similar experience?
I had the same issue with an Xtrons unit.
The wiring on the unit is for a Leon with 6 speakers, therefore the ones with 8 don't get a full connection and the ones not connected are for the front mid-bass speakers.

Only way round it is to butcher the wiring with crossovers. Expensive and a massive PITA.

Image: The pins circled in red are for the front and don't work with android based units.
The Xtrons/Joying are designed around Leons from a different market which I'm guessing don't have the same speaker setup as most.

Attachments

• a1f35d6c3d78daf2a325a9a9fdd82e7e.jpg
    a1f35d6c3d78daf2a325a9a9fdd82e7e.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: Grco1986
Nov 21, 2022
I had the same issue with an Xtrons unit.
The wiring on the unit is for a Leon with 6 speakers, therefore the ones with 8 don't get a full connection and the ones not connected are for the front mid-bass speakers.

Only way round it is to butcher the wiring with crossovers. Expensive and a massive PITA.

Image: The pins circled in red are for the front and don't work with android based units.
The Xtrons/Joying are designed around Leons from a different market which I'm guessing don't have the same speaker setup as most.
Thank you very much for your help. It is not clear to me that the scheme shows one thing, but for real is something else. These connectors in red should be for the central speaker on the control panel and the subwoofer, right? Or it is for every seat something else depends on speaker number.

Attachments

• 2022-11-22 07_28_24-2022-11-21 09_55_39-Mk3 2014 Head Unit change. _ SEATCUPRA.NET.png ‎- Foto...png
    2022-11-22 07_28_24-2022-11-21 09_55_39-Mk3 2014 Head Unit change. _ SEATCUPRA.NET.png ‎- Foto...png
    23.1 KB · Views: 148
Nov 21, 2022
Ok everyone. I made it to connect all speakers. My android is Joying JY-UQS10N4G-H with Joying harness with canbus for golf 7. For my Seat Leon 5f 2018 st there was 4 pins missing on the original joying harness. Pins 9,10,13,14.

First I connected wires like someone showed on a spanish forum but it did not work. And no, I don't have SSS. 8 original wires on the harness are for front tweeters and rear tweeters with rear main speakers but front main(bass) speakers were missing. I cut and unpluged wires from the original universal harness that usually come with radio and added them to missing places(9,10,13,14).

So the connection goes like this. 9-2 , 10-3 , 13-6 , 14-7 and it works awesome now. :cool:

That is the solution for my seat with 8 speakers without SSS.

And yes, Joying is a cool advanced device. Bought it with an original rear HD camera and front DVR. I have all options like my original infotainment except compas.