Seat special operations?

inkafone

HI I'm new - having recently purchased an 02 130 sport Tdi the service book shows that it was owned for the first 10k & 10 months by Seat special operations. It's an early mk4 and was no doubt a demonstrator. Did quite a long testdrive and was quite impressed,Im sure it's been chipped but the power delivery was very smooth. Is this special operations normal in all the service books or do I need to look for any "special" hidden devices...........

inkafone

Shame - thought it might be more..............special.........

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Have you got foldy mirrors ?
Only heard of one Ibiza that did (toXXins first Mk4), perhaps yours might have too it it was an early demo ?

inkafone

No,haven't got foldy mirrors. It was first registered 12-3-02,it's got Koni suspension and has been chipped by superchips. The suspension is quite low at the front (wheels not quite inside the arch) but there's almost zero camber on the front wheels which I find quite odd and about one to two degrees at the rear. I've had sportscars for the past 30+ years (yes I'm an old guy) and this is the first sports diesel. The driving experience is quite different especially the lack of engine braking.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
the only ones that seem to get foldys are the euro ones, Had one in spain and the 1.2 awards.

Think its bloody sily its not even an optoion on the other models. should really be standard on the cupra too for the price of the car

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.