Seat Sport Calipers

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Has anyone ever managed to get any parts for these?

My local dealer can supply pad retaining springs, and pins, but says that is all.

I contacted AP direct and they pointed me to a retailer, the retailer then says contact AP direct, as they are Seat only parts and he can't supply them, and AP tell me they can't supply me direct

Any ideas where to go next?

Bleed nipples, and dust covers for them, I'm pretty sure I could source ok, but what about piston dust seals, and the pad retaining tubes/screws?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
its the old problem you get with parts suppliers and then exclusive deals that are offered out to sell them. AP are a real pain in the ass for it.

I had the same problem when i wanted to buy a set of hoses for my old AP calipers, as after loads of work to find which ones they were in the kits AP sold it turned out the hose as an individual part could only be sold by a small mini firm, i then had to go through them and it took bloody ages despite the guy at AP having the item on his desk he could'nt sell it to me direct.

What i would be tempted to do is speak to AP technical department and ask the to cross reference the parts. i would be very susrprised if the parts you require were not available from another caliper. But also check with SEAT to see if they offerthe service parts for the calipetr.

Another option, buy new calipers and sell you used ones on ebay, someone was offering the whole lot for 450 a while back and sure you could sell used calieprs for about 250 on ebay.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
its the old problem you get with parts suppliers and then exclusive deals that are offered out to sell them. AP are a real pain in the ass for it.

I had the same problem when i wanted to buy a set of hoses for my old AP calipers, as after loads of work to find which ones they were in the kits AP sold it turned out the hose as an individual part could only be sold by a small mini firm, i then had to go through them and it took bloody ages despite the guy at AP having the item on his desk he could'nt sell it to me direct.

What i would be tempted to do is speak to AP technical department and ask the to cross reference the parts. i would be very susrprised if the parts you require were not available from another caliper. But also check with SEAT to see if they offerthe service parts for the calipetr.

Another option, buy new calipers and sell you used ones on ebay, someone was offering the whole lot for 450 a while back and sure you could sell used calieprs for about 250 on ebay.

Thats exactly the problem. The same calipers are used on some Renaultsport Clios, and I'm sure the parts I need are used on half of the calipers AP sell.

I do plan to speak to the technical dept, just thought I would check here first.

Two Seat dealers have told me they dont offer service parts

I could always do that, but for £100 I can send them off to AP and have them refurbed by them, so not really a viable option

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Thats exactly the problem. The same calipers are used on some Renaultsport Clios, and I'm sure the parts I need are used on half of the calipers AP sell.

I do plan to speak to the technical dept, just thought I would check here first.

Two Seat dealers have told me they dont offer service parts

I could always do that, but for £100 I can send them off to AP and have them refurbed by them, so not really a viable option

I know this is a long shot, but do AP offer a respray service as well when they refurb them. As mine are pink.

I know there is a few places that refurb the whole lot, but be interesting to see if AP offer it too.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I know this is a long shot, but do AP offer a respray service as well when they refurb them. As mine are pink.

I know there is a few places that refurb the whole lot, but be interesting to see if AP offer it too.

APs service is to completely strip the caliper, bead blast it, repaint it, and build it back up replacing any parts necessary.

Note that the £100 I quoted, does not include the cost of parts, but TBH the parts are peanuts (if you can get them)

The only downside to this for me, is that AP paint them red, and I assume its the same paint they use originally.

Where as I can do the exact same to mine, have them powdercoated in any coulour I like, and pretty much guarantee it'll last forever

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Ok more Info:

Retaining pins : CP6607-31 - Only available from Seat
Piston seal kit CP4525-JJ £23.69 ea + vat 1 week
Bridge bolt : CP5555-156ST £3.10 ea + vat 1-2 days
Bridge tube : CP5200-124 £8.72 ea + vat 3-4 days

Now, I dont 'need' the seal kit, as I haven;t stripped the brakes yet and I can probably get the seals off ok
Technically, I only need the pins and springs at approx £50 from seat, but I'm going to replace the bridge tubes and bleed nipples as well.

My approximate total cost for a refurbishment, done by myself, will be over £100.

I'm pretty disgusted at that

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Is there anything you can apply to the calipers to stop them fading or going pink? I'll be getting some new AP's on the Boc and i'd like them to look brighter than the current AP's on my mk4 Cupra after 5 and a half years.

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
When i had to cut the retaining pins out of my old ibiza's AP's i just e-mailed AP directly and they sent me some new pins free of charge, that was about 18 month ago though and may have stopped. I know a couple the guys on here got more pins for free. I think i e-mailed the motorsport guys directly.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
What are the pins like - could they not be replaced with a 4mm diameter roll pin ?

Roll pins are very cheap from an engineering suppliers.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
When i had to cut the retaining pins out of my old ibiza's AP's i just e-mailed AP directly and they sent me some new pins free of charge, that was about 18 month ago though and may have stopped. I know a couple the guys on here got more pins for free. I think i e-mailed the motorsport guys directly.

I also done this around 2 months ago and they sent me out new retaining pins free of charge :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Can you tell me who you emailed? The pins are a ridculous price from seat

[email protected] I just told them i was changing my discs and pads at the weekend and had to cut the retaining pins out which left me without the car so he sent them out free of charge :D

Heres a pic of them

Retainingpins.jpg

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i am cheanging my discs do i have to do this? am not changing my pads tho if the pins come out ok do you still have to get new pins?

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
If the pins come out okay then you don't need to bother with new ones unless they look knackered or bent. But you won't know until you try and get them out!

Took me and a mate about 4 hours to do both sets as the pins had seized in well and truly!

WD40 didn't work, so they were dremmeled in the end!

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
or do they if on to the ibiza fr hubs? cose i have got ibiza cupra hubs as well if i need them but they older than my fr hubs wana keep mine on if they fit

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.