Seat Sport Calipers

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Helpful thread.

I need a new bleed nipple for my o/s caliper, the old one seems to have sheared off. Any ideas where I can get one from?

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Helpful thread.

I need a new bleed nipple for my o/s caliper, the old one seems to have sheared off. Any ideas where I can get one from?

The hard bit will be getting the broken bit of the bleed nipple out.. dealer would supply them or you will get them in motor factors if you know enough about threads etc. Make sure you put back in with special rubber grease (ordinary grease reacts with brake fluid) and then spray down into opening and over the top with Waxoyl or Dinotrol. Then replace the rubber dust cap. Finally bleed brakes once every 2 years and so open them to stop them siezing.. plus use 6 point socket and a balanced "T" bar approach to "cracking them"

jernjackson

20VT Cupra
Oct 17, 2008
Alnwick, Nothumberland
Hi i had trouble with a bleed screw snapping while bleeding. I also had trobble locating a replacement one as Seat would only sell me the full caliper for a daft price. Bleed screws are a weird size and think you would be hard pushed to find the right one at a motor factors.

I managed to get them from a ap supplier, Questmead ltd. Drop Steve a eMail hes the most helpful guy in the world [email protected].

From what i can gather these calipers are based on the ap CP5200 series but have diffrent clips and pipes.

Part numbers for Seat sport ap calipers for reference: (Prices + VAT)

CP6607-124 Anti-Rattle Clip £12.64
CP4970-125 Bleed Screw £2.23
CP6607-29CR3 Fluid Bridge pipe £12.64
CP6607-31 Retaining pins
CP4525-JJ Piston Seal Kit
CP5555-156ST Bride Bolt £3.10
CP5200-124 Bridge Tube £8.72

Last edited:

Scraggy09

Hi jernjackson sorry to bring up an old thread, but regarding the AP caliper retaining pins do you think Steve from Questmead ltd would be able to source these??

jernjackson

20VT Cupra
Oct 17, 2008
Alnwick, Nothumberland
Yer was a while a ago when i got my parts, but im sure he will still be happy to help, the part number for the pins is CP6607-3. If you want to save the slaver theres some on ebay, there're for a mgtf but their AP 4 pots use the same pins-

http: / /ww w.eba y.co. uk /itm/MGTF-MG-TF-Front-AP-Red-Caliper-Pad-Retaining-Pins-New-/250895921118?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6a8fefde

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
sorry to resurrect an old post but my mechanic snapped a bleed nipple, and i need a new one, will the above company be able to supply one or the size 'm10x1.0' will fit?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.