Seat Thornes - Wakefield - RIP

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
Just a quick note to say that Thornes Wakefield dealership is in administration.

All customers have been informed by Thornes to collect cars / parts in stock ASAP, and after speaking with Seat UK they advised me to ensure i collected my car from the compound at Thornes with urgency to ensure the Assessors don't lock down the premises and i end up in a drawn out process to recover my property.

Good luck to Chad & Donna at the dealership, who this morning knew nothing that was going on, they were the two members of staff there that gave very good customer service, and its a shame they were not told about things in a better manner by the manager Mark Thornes, who must have known this day was coming for some time now.

The showroom is being emptied of cars, and i hope anyone with a car located at Thornes recovers it without any issues.

edited to change liquidation to administration :)

Last edited:

.oOIOo.

Nov 26, 2004
_Steve said:
Just a quick note to say that Thornes Wakefield dealership is in liquidation.

All customers have been informed by Thornes to collect cars / parts in stock ASAP, and after speaking with Seat UK they advised me to ensure i collected my car from the compound at Thornes with urgency to ensure the Assessors don't lock down the premises and i end up in a drawn out process to recover my property.

Good luck to Chad & Donna at the dealership, who this morning knew nothing that was going on, they were the two members of staff there that gave very good customer service, and its a shame they were not told about things in a better manner by the manager Mark Thornes, who must have known this day was coming for some time now.

The showroom is being emptied of cars, and i hope anyone with a car located at Thornes recovers it without any issues.

i'm not surprised the service was s*!t , i vowed never to use them again after one of the tech's handbraked my car!!! YES HANDBRAKED IT!!!!!

Good.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I swore never to go back after the balls up they made with my 10k service.

Sales side were quite good, Service and parts will not be missed.

Nigel West

Alternative Local Dealer

Anybody needing another option for service, parts and sales would be made most welcome at my dealership in Barnsley only a short journey from Wakefield - Ted Johnson 01226 206345

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Nigel West said:
Anybody needing another option for service, parts and sales would be made most welcome at my dealership in Barnsley only a short journey from Wakefield - Ted Johnson 01226 206345

:lol: The Vultures are circling already :lol:

I will be giving you a call in the next couple of weeks.

Nigel West

Just good customer service wanting to keep you guys on the road! ;)

We'll look forward to your call Craig.............

.oOIOo.

Nov 26, 2004
Nigel West said:

Ted Johnsons are very good, used them a few times now! very happy 2.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Nigel West said:
LOL NIGEL is a top man, and used to run a Yellow LCR himself, he's a proper enthusiast, i used them until i sold my LCR, steve was manager (ex merc service manager) @ time is he still there nigel? both top guys, "Mods what mods?" ;) :D You wont go far wrong with these guys :)

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
_Steve said:
Just a quick note to say that Thornes Wakefield dealership is in liquidation.

Cheers for heads up steve, what about jag garage? opposite

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
the Jag garage used to be Thornes Jaguar, until about 12 months ago when it changed to Hatfields Jaguar - i'm presuming it was Mark Thornes that owned that dealership, and i'm unsure as to how/why the jag franchise was sold on.

The Seat showroom is half Chrysler, so the closure affects quite a few people who chose to buy cars not from the mainstream manufacturers, as there isn't a seat dealer within 15/20 miles of Wakefield.

I do hope Seat UK can find someone to run pick up the pieces and re-open wakefield as a Seat dealership again.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
vern said:
aye mate, was Terry crewe mitsi dealer before them too, now an import car sales place, golf gti's etc, on their old site

By all accounts Janard weren't too good also.

As sadi though, luckily Ted Johnson's is still local, and much better IMO.

Nigel West

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen! Should have come to me for your beamer though vern!

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Nigel West said:
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen! Should have come to me for your beamer though vern!
LOL nigel, may just come to you next time, you cannot beat the right contacts somtimes ;) :D

Nigel i would suggest you e mail m0rk or Zboyd on here, why not become more involved with the forum, rob from chuchills sells stock on here, and not many people realise there is a Very Good seat dealership in Barnsley, although i know @ least 10 people on here off top of my head, who use you all the time, only costs a very small amount to sponser( you would then get a banner ad like the one @ the top of this page), less than local rag, with people who need your services, + access all the tech info you need on here :p :D , not kidding 10,000+ members, we have seen most faults common or not.
By the way i aint got any connection to either Sc.net or Ted J's, but seems common sense to me ;)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Typical this
now where am i going to take my new cupra for its services from now on?
Yeadon are shocking so ive heard, now Thornes have gone, Sticker lane in Bradford is a last ditch

apart from that its Harrogate now??!!!!

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
RikH said:
Typical this
now where am i going to take my new cupra for its services from now on?
Yeadon are shocking so ive heard, now Thornes have gone, Sticker lane in Bradford is a last ditch

apart from that its Harrogate now??!!!!

Take it to Barnsley. Contact details are in this thread.

That's where I wish I'd gone last time and will be going this time.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members