second hand value

redrobo150

Jul 24, 2006
ilson
just had 2 seperate valuations for my 57 /07 cupra both were quite close together
surely it must be worth more than 8,600 max
anyone experienced such low figures and what figures should i be looking at (not trade in) :shrug:cant be that bad can it?

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
they are selling for about 12k so 8,6 is a little low I would expected closer to 10 as a trade in. I guess problem is stock not shifting as quick and dealers are still not wanting to take any chances. The car could be stuck on the forecourt for months in the current climate. I always use Autotrader as a good yardstick for car values.

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
I think car's are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

im in the midle of an insurance claim and they have offered what it says in the glass book, fair enough but you can't find ONE car which is within the glasses valuations on autotrader. who's wrongs, who's right?

as said autotrader is the best way to value your car I think, gives an idea of what they are actually going for.

si

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
I think car's are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

im in the midle of an insurance claim and they have offered what it says in the glass book, fair enough but you can't find ONE car which is within the glasses valuations on autotrader. who's wrongs, who's right?

as said autotrader is the best way to value your car I think, gives an idea of what they are actually going for.

si

You need to push the insurance company me thinks, prices are all over the shop at the moment and they try to wriggle out of anything... What do parkers say value wise, and for 3 quid you can get a glasses valuation done on-line. Also I would use the autotrader values as a marker to show them.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I part ex'd my Cupra in October and it was sat on another dealers forecourt until March. The price kept dropping. I think it probably sold for less than I got in part ex.

At the time Glass's and Parkers well overvalued the car, even after paying for the proper valuation from Glass's. What Car was closer to the mark.

The problem with using the prices in Autotrader as a guide are those are what people want for a car, not for what they eventually sell for. Some people are still dreaming with the prices they put cars up for.

I would image the most you would pay for a 57 reg is £12 - £13K from a main dealers forecourt.

£8600 is a little low, I got £13550 for mine and even at £500 a month depreciation should still be worth about £10K now. Plus mine was slightly older than yours.

There are also a lot of Cupras on the used market at the moment which can't help...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have been offered 12k to put mine to trade without buying something to replace it
07 plate with 20k miles.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise