secondary air injection???

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
just bought a 2001 ibiza cupra and after a short week of happy motoring the engine warning light came on. there was no change in how the car idled or drove at all but thought it best to sort it out so got it to a mates garage where we put it on a sun diagnostic where it said:

Coolant temp sensor-g62 (which i've no issues with)
Secondary Air Injection System

this is the one i have no idea about. we looked on an basic illustrated parts catalogue to see where everything was and it said the Secondary Air Injection system was made of 3 components being a pump located to the front of the engine, a solenoid towards to rear and a relay behind the facia panel. the diagnostic did not specifically say where the fault was within the sytem so i don't know what needs replacing.

Have any of you lot encountered this problem if so what was needed to rectify it??? All help appreciated. Mark:confused:

Jonzy

Possibly a leak somewhere, might be worth trying to find someone in your local area with vagcom and give the car a scan.

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
anyone with vagcom software around the king's lynn area or basingstoke area who can help??? i'll av a butchers n c if theres any obvious leaks but its tempremental as in sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so i was thinkin solenoid fooked???

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
I had this fault come up, it was because of a leak in the vac hoses. It will be worth you giving these all a check and making sure they are all connected in the right places. The pump is not known for failing and if you stick you head under the front bumper you can see it just below the oil filter.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise