Secondary Air Pump Fault

lucus79

Hi,

I've recently bought a SEAT Leon Cupra (1.8T) and my immediate happiness :D has been spoilt by the Excess Pollution (engine) light coming on. :cry:

I was told by the seller that it came on a while back but then went off on its own, well seems like it's come back on again. He also said he was quoted £67 to fix a pipe on/to the secondary air pump which is what the problem was but when it went out he didn't bother.

Looking at the last service report there is advise on there saying "Engine light on due to secondary air pump internal fault".

My local SEAT dealer have told me that this could be really expensive - anyone able to tell me how much these things cost or if it's likely to be a serious fault?

The car seems to run fine, but don't like driving it with this light on!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
lucas to be honest you can do away with the secondary airpump or ignore the fault as its only an engine warm up and emissions device.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Done mine couple of weeks ago.....Piece of p**s to fix if its the pump at fault........if its the pipe that holds the air just put a joiner in it?

You can also buy a blanking plate from Forge for about £18 so you can remove it.....you'll need the resistor to put in the plug tho so the light does not remain on. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members