Secondary water pump

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Hoping someone can quickly put my mind at rest here but noticed tonight that after driving the car very gently in -1 temperatures when turning the ignition off after parking up the water pump that normally cools the turbo hasn't come on.

Is this because the car hasn't reached a set temperature as it's so cold or should it always come on regardless of any external factors?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Hmmm, not sure if it's linked to the fact that my temp guage flashes and beeps every morning after a cold night (<10 degrees). I've checked the nodes inside the coolant header tank but they're both clean so could this be causing it?

Dave B16 HEO

ive noticed that my pump isnt coming on anymore either and my out side temp is always reading in the -'s

Dont know if this has anything to do with it or not as a few months ago my heater matrix was leaking inside the car and meant that the dash had to come out to replace it and the air con had to be dis charged, i havnt had it refilled yet and was wondering if that would have anything to do with it aswell!

Not tryin to crash ur post but we both have similar problems cheers

Dave B16 HEO

yea i think im going to have to test it to see if its getting any voltage! it could be broken its just the fact it stoped after i did the heater matrix and that wasnt a job i want to do again in a hurry! lol

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Bugger, cheers for the replies. Let's hope it's just a fuse.

I'm intrigued whether it could be related to my temp sensor in my coolant header tank though.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Big thanks to Olly20VT, I checked the fuses and found this little bad boy:

ABCD0001.jpg

mental note to self: don't be a f**ktard and use a screwdriver to prise the old fuse out when the battery is still connected...

Thanks again Olly, appreciate the advice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.