Seeking advise re: seat servicing deal

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Hey all.

Ive place an order for a leon fr tdi, the guy at the stealer has tried to sell me a servicing package, which covers me for 3 years servicing for £897.64, optionally i can pay that in 1 lump or over 3 years for 24.99 with 0%apr

What im curious is would that be worth it, it seems that would equate to £299 per service, which im sure could be much cheaper than that??

It does come with a few extra benefits:
free punture repairs
free pick up/drop off of car for service
engine flush and fuel treatments
seasonal inspection on car
vehicle wash on service

has anyone bought this package or would I save more money if I simply paid for each service seperatly? baring in mind I dont do a whole ton of mileage, 8k or less a year.

Thanks for any help :help:

Anthony.

I really wouldn't bother with that unless it includes the camblet and brake fluid changes. The most I paid on my A3 TDi at an Audi dealer was £180, the main service would have been £300 if less than 3 years old and £99 for a minor & £199 for a major once it hit 3 years old. I would save you money and pass on the option !

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks Steve for the response.
It doesn't appear to include the cambelt or brake fluid looking at the brochure I have, if normal servicing is around 180-200 then I will pass on this option and take the gamble to save my cash :)

Peppermuncher

Apr 6, 2009
I think you might be getting bent over!!! :(

I've recently bought a 2nd hand leon, started a service package that was £14.99 a month for 20 months.

This includes a 10,000 mile service the next MOT and a 20,000 mile service.

All this would usually equate to about £400, saving myself £100. ;)

Not sure where you are, i'm in cheshire i suppose the service costs in London/south england area will be digustingly expensive. :ban:

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Blimey thats a whole lot cheaper than my deal :)
yeah im based in SE london, not sure if that should equate to more expensive service costs though :confused:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
The 3 services to 30k (equiv of 3 years) cost me in total under £400. The 30k service itself was only £110.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
yeah like others i would pass on that option too, the most expensive service i have had so far is the 2 year one and that was £150 i think, may have been a little less, the stealer i use has pretty high prices too compared to what other people seem to have paid

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
I managed to get the garage to throw in a 3 years service plan for nothing when i ordere my car.

I dont think ive paid more than £500 for my last 3 services put together.

I think their trying to rob you......

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I have a contract, costs around £11.82 a month based on 10,000 miles a yr for 3 yrs. (£425)Pays for 3 services inc brake fluid, but not maintenance.
I worked out that 30,000 miles max it was worth it compared to the list price of the 3.
The maintenance package seemed not worth it as if anything all I will need is some brake pads "perhaps" Everything normal will be covered under warrenty So the £833 for that was pointless IMO.
Yours must be based on a high mileage??? To get that quote

And on another note, my local dealer Usually does a fair discount of the list price on the wall anyhow, so you can always ask for a deal come service time

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for the responses guys!

I will avoid the offer as it seems clear its kind of taking the pee :blink:

Im not going to be doing high mileage either, told them it would be under 10k a year easily.
The chap I was dealing with was filling in for the one who took me on the initial test drive as he is away on holiday, perhaps when he's back he may be more willing to throw me a bone :)

Peppermuncher

Apr 6, 2009
These service deals are nothing to do with seat themselves, it's the greedy franchise owners!!! :ban:

Just the amount of money you have to pay just for labour does my haed in, they do these service deals because noone returns after the waranty runs out. I got chatting with one of the girls on the service desk! :D