SEk800i and in car Bluetooth

NewyLeon

Hi All,

I am new to Seat as I have just bought the Leon Stylence with the Bluetooth in built. I also have a Sony Ericson K800i but I have not be able to get the two to work as suggested in the manual.

The phone keeps connecting and disconnecting and also I can't get the phone book on the car kit.

Has anyone had this problem before? And how do you fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

NewyLeon

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Try disconnecting the batteries in both the phone and the car for a few minutes and trying again.

I had a similar problem with a Nokia a while ago, and this sorted it.

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
There are a few people with this problem with A3 - A4's with BT. You might want to check you have the latest firmware on your phone

NewyLeon

Cheers,

I will try both later tonight and let you know

Thanks for your help

dchbrown

Feb 17, 2006
South Coast
ive got the same phone and the same problems.

the weird thing is that it worked to start with - the car then went in for a service and it didnt work afterwards. sorted itself out after a couple of weeks and was brillient again. until it went in for some warranty work and stopped working again.

that was 4 weeks ago and its intermittent all the time now.

if you connect the phone and make a call it works and stays connected while on a call but as soon as you hang up it disconnects.

is the only way to wipe the car bluetooth memory to disconnect the battery?

and if i do it will it break anything else?

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
with sony's check under the bluetooth section then powersave option, if its 'ON' then switch to off, then try to find device again, once connected switch to ON then you will always be connected to that device and no others, sony's wander about looking for more devices when bluetooth is on hence they drop out as it finds another device to talk too.....if that makes sense.

NewyLeon

I dont know what it is but after turning the powersave off for pairing and then on after pairing it still did not work. I then tried to update the firmware but the undate service says my phone is up to date. So I was left baffeled why the phone still kept droping out. The only other explanation was that the car kit needed upgrading or something.
I then decided to transfer all my contacts from my sim to the phone and then delete all text messages from the phone and guess what? now it works like it should.
Its only worked for the past few hours but I will see how it keeps going. Also I will see whether you always need to delete all texts in your phone.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the help.

richpaul

I have the same problem with the k610i, the different thing about mine is that i have a dual sim adaptor in it. So I actually had to set up both sims against the car even on the same phone.
I hope there is going to be a fix for this because its so annoying that I dont use bluetooth in the car anymore because of the ping ponging sounds.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.