Selling Leon, Mib2 anyone

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Hi all,

After 7.5 years i'm selling my Leon, she has been perfect apart from 1 sensor and a seized caliper but it's time to move on.

I upgrade her to the 6.5 inch Mib2 and I'm taking it out before she moves on. I'm going to put it on gumtree/eBay but thought I'd offer it out here.

I couldn't find any forum rules on this so if not allowed many apologies and mods please remove.

Ping us a message if interested.
616fabd4310f66523c3b8aba533e89cd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Would this fit my Leon Cupra 280 2015? I don’t have apple CarPlay at the moment, and USBs are in the glovebox, not under the screen.

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Yes, I simply swapped the USB socket and wiring (needed for carplay) and left it in the glove box. I then routed a usb cable round to my phone mount.
If you want it in front of the gear shifter you need additional trim. I didn't want it personally as would then have wires going from there up to phone mount which couldn't be hidden...

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Also, for this unit you would need VCDS if you want to change the car picture on the screen - I have an ST. I can change it but it needs to be in a car (removed from mine today to sell). Although I could Include VCDS as no longer needed (also good for inactivating start stop )

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Ah, I don’t have VCDS. I do have OBD11 though. Is VCDS necessary? Where are you based by the way!

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
To be honest, I've never used obd11 but I consider that a deeply cut down version of VCDS. You'd have to Google changing car pics with obd.
Southampton.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Is VCDS needed for the installation, or is it just to change the car image?

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
^ this man probably knows more than me!
Looking back (I originally got through East York retro) and they did ask what spec my car was. Does all the FR tech stuff but You may have something mine doesn't which might need activating? Cupra - boost gauges? Adjustable suspension? Not sure how they activate....
Thought they were unlocked, etc

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Perhaps best left for local-ish (I also head Bristol way) where we can try fitting it.
Don't want to ship it out only for it not to work and then be returned.

Just the image. Install is plug and play

It'll need sound parameters and coding to suit the vehicle it's going into. The units themselves are unlocked and all protected features activated - they just need tweaking to suit each individual car

If the car it's going into is identical in every way, then there's no need to change anything

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members