Selling My Frtdi After 12 Days

harveee

Jan 18, 2007
After 800 Miles Of Driving I Still Am Not Happy With My Fr, I Feel Very Cramped, Hate The Blind Spots And Cant Get A Comfortable Driving Position , Also Hate The Seat....get Serious Bum/back Ache After Driving All Day.

A Shame Really As It Looks Stunning And The Engine And Road Holding Is Fantastic, Better Than My St3. I Just Know That I Will Never Be Happy With It And Am Gonna Try And Sell It.

I Drove A Mondeo St Tdci Today And Although It Was Slower It Felt More Me, Bit Big For My Liking But I Did Prefer The Drive.

So Any Body Had Any Experience Of Selling A 12 Day Old Car, No Point Part Exing As I Dont Want To Pay More For A Car. Hope To Get As Much As I Can And Buy A Year Old Mondeo St For About 14000...

Any Advice Where To Sell It Appreciated...

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
After 800 Miles Of Driving I Still Am Not Happy With My Fr, I Feel Very Cramped, Hate The Blind Spots And Cant Get A Comfortable Driving Position , Also Hate The Seat....get Serious Bum/back Ache After Driving All Day.

A Shame Really As It Looks Stunning And The Engine And Road Holding Is Fantastic, Better Than My St3. I Just Know That I Will Never Be Happy With It And Am Gonna Try And Sell It.

I Drove A Mondeo St Tdci Today And Although It Was Slower It Felt More Me, Bit Big For My Liking But I Did Prefer The Drive.

So Any Body Had Any Experience Of Selling A 12 Day Old Car, No Point Part Exing As I Dont Want To Pay More For A Car. Hope To Get As Much As I Can And Buy A Year Old Mondeo St For About 14000...

Not Sure If Im Allowed To Offer It On Here But..
If Anybody Wants It , Its Luna Gray With 18 Inch Wheels, Conv Pack And Rear Sensors, 800 Miles..

Any Advice Where To Sell It Appreciated...

you can advertise here: -

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Although I'm sure you'll take a big hit selling it this soon. You can also part ex to a lower value car and take the cash difference that might be an option.

Let us know how you get on in any case.

harveee

Jan 18, 2007
thanks Rob, just done that, not sure what im going to get, though i was hoping not to loose to much, hope to keep the loss to 1500 quid or so if i can.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
thanks Rob, just done that, not sure what im going to get, though i was hoping not to loose to much, hope to keep the loss to 1500 quid or so if i can.

The thought of selling on has crossed my mind (due to the harsh ride) but I know I'd loose a fortune if I did, I'm going to persevere for a while maybe even try replacing the shocks as in other threads. Although it seems you have a few more gripes than me.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Didn`t you take a car for a test drive before you bought one?:confused:

The thing is with the ride quality you realise its hard on the test drive,(of which I had 3 totaling more than an hour and a half) and I'm used to a hard ride as I had a Mini with sports suspension and runs flats before but its not until you live with a car that you find it uncomfortable on a long run 1 - 2 hours plus.

Sorry for hijacking your thread harveee

harveee

Jan 18, 2007
I drove one for about 20 mins at local seat dealer , then tried an altea with the dsg box as they did not have a leon with dsg, think I was seduced by the power as I have never had a diesel car and was not expecting it to be so quick...plus it looked stunning !!!
All my own fault I should have asked for a couple of hours in one, but was offered a good price on my st by direct seat and thought what the hell ......

Wish I could get used to it but I know I wont......

CT Aviation

I had the same issues Harveee (see the the Koni FSD thread) Seat uk didn't want to help and suggested rejecting the car back at the dealer, and the dealer just gave me the cold shoulder and offered nothing as a solution. So I resolved the problem myself by changing the shocks. I am now settling into the FR and after almost 3000 miles am almost comfortable (the armrest has also made a huge difference for me would you believe)
I was ready to take a big loss which I could ill afford and like you had been seduced by the looks and the power, but am now glad I stuck with it, so much so I have spent hours polishing it to a much better standard than new.
i won't ever buy a car again without having the loan of a demo for a couple of days now and it probably will never be a Seat again (i'd trade it tomorrow for an Alfa GT if I could afford to but not from the local dealer)
I don't know whether your problems are as easy to overcome as mine have been but the best price selling so early will have to be a private sale and even then I think you'll be looking at losing much moor than the £1500 you have suggested.
Chris

minxycov

If you bought it from a dealer I thought you had a thirty day grace period or something like that - can't remember the details exactly though :confused:

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I was just gonna suggest CT what you said. Surely it would be cheaper to try and sort the ride out first than sell it. Got to be cheaper?

Its crazy that we spend 15k or more on a new car and judge it by a 20min drive from the dealer who try and make you feel grateful for that!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
You'll lose the VAT at least (and the rest probably). I sold my smart roadster BRABUS after 6wks, I lost less than £1k as a waiting list had developed and they wanted to sell it at over list (which they did)

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Ouch...selling cars after 12 days of ownership is always going to be a very expensive past time. But a Mondeo???? Why did you go for the Leon in the first place....a Leon FR is a totally different car to a Mundano...

harveee

Jan 18, 2007
Ouch...selling cars after 12 days of ownership is always going to be a very expensive past time. But a Mondeo???? Why did you go for the Leon in the first place....a Leon FR is a totally different car to a Mundano...

got fed up fueling my st twice a week and wanted to try a diesel, never had one b4 and liked the look of the fr and the thought of 170 horses.
got a good part ex offer on one and went for it.

totally diff car ??? not really, both sporting diesel cars, similar spec [climate, cruise, 6 speed etc] both 5 door, slightly down on power but can be chipped to 180, both handle very well, same mpg., both front wheel drive....similar insurance.....etc

obviously diff size and look,......... have u ever driven a st tdci ?........ I hadnt till the other day and it drives totally different to a non st mondeo, want another diesel and liked it and the prospect of buying a 23000 pound car for 14000 [year old, ] seemed a good idea.

No disrespect to the FR, I can understand why alot of people love them, I just know after two weeks thats it not for me :(
we all make mistakes and looks like this one is gonna cost me , now thinking should I wait till the new mondeo launches in 3 months so I can pick an st up cheaper.......prob another mistake lol

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Sorry to hear you cant get on with the FR, i know they have there faults but overall they are a great car. For me the suspension is not a problem but i can see why some people cant get on with it. Think its the combination of hard suspension and hard seat over bad roads. Anyway hope you enjoy the mondeo, the st is a very nice car but definately not quite as quick;)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hmm i've been in Simon34 car a few times now and the ride isn't what i'd call harsh, it's definitely 'sporting' but that's what FR trim level implies.

I guess you've got to do what you have to do, as above it's definitely going to cost you though.

FWIW it's not the sort of car you're going to want to pootle around in, it needs to be driven which is when the suspension and ride level out and start to work in your favour.

Hope you don't get stung too badly!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I know more than a few that have had them!

PDI should remove them, but lets face it - everyone has a bad day at work sometimes

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members