Serious issues with my Leon

Eoin mckenna

Oct 29, 2018
Hi I’m new and after some advice please, So I have a 2008 leon fr 2.0 tdi 170bhp, 125k on the clock and about 3 months ago it started using a lot of oil (1liter every 300 miles) so stopped driving it immediately, it is very sluggish on start up and runs really lumpy now also. It’s pumping out blue oily smoke as expected with the oil use lol. At first mechanic thought it was Dpf but it’s been mapped out, then we replaced turbo and serviced it (turbo wasn’t quite gone but had a bit of movement, we then replaced the tandem pump, took the injectors out and had them tested (injector 2 was over fuelling nothing majorly concerning) put them back in after replacing seals and it’s running worse now than it ever was completely dead on power almost as if it’s in limp mode but it’s not, and all the while no codes up on the computer whatsoever. Completely out of ideas now and no clue what to do. Any help be greatly appreciated please.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Hi I’m new and after some advice please, So I have a 2008 leon fr 2.0 tdi 170bhp, 125k on the clock and about 3 months ago it started using a lot of oil (1liter every 300 miles) so stopped driving it immediately, it is very sluggish on start up and runs really lumpy now also. It’s pumping out blue oily smoke as expected with the oil use lol. At first mechanic thought it was Dpf but it’s been mapped out, then we replaced turbo and serviced it (turbo wasn’t quite gone but had a bit of movement, we then replaced the tandem pump, took the injectors out and had them tested (injector 2 was over fuelling nothing majorly concerning) put them back in after replacing seals and it’s running worse now than it ever was completely dead on power almost as if it’s in limp mode but it’s not, and all the while no codes up on the computer whatsoever. Completely out of ideas now and no clue what to do. Any help be greatly appreciated please.
Can never really say without seeing it, but reads like the piston rings being shot from the above description.
Sorry for your wallet if that turns-out to be the case.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members