Service (Collect & Deliver Option)

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Hi,

I rang my dealer this week to book the car in for some warranty work.

They told me that because I am out of the 10 mile radius they won't do it.

When I first bought the car the dealer was: ***** Of Preston, then Arnold Clark (they collected and delivered the car)

It is now Johnsons (who will not come and collect and deliver the car)

Can anybody offer any advice or uses this service through the dealer)

Cheers

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Just to clear up, they don't do collect/deliver outside 10 miles, or, they won't do warranty work cause 10m rule? sorry, fuzzy Sunday head.
IO would need to check but where I work we do have a mileage limit for collections but don't know what is (not my dept) I can check Monday.

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

It applies for service and motor.

I live in Bolton.

My nearest dealers are Manchester and Preston and I work in Horwich

Cheers

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Give seat Blackpool a try. The service manager lives in chorley and offers to collect cars and drive to garage and return at the end of the day. Maybe you drop it with him night before? They can only say no ;)

Sihey MK3 FR

Nov 1, 2016
Give seat Blackpool a try. The service manager lives in chorley and offers to collect cars and drive to garage and return at the end of the day. Maybe you drop it with him night before? They can only say no ;)

I'm going to book mine in at Blackpool next week even though I'll pretty much pass the Preston one. I've heard the customer service there is very good, probably due to it being part of a smaller group. So as Kiddo says worth asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
I will ring them tomorrow.

I don't fancy taking a day off work just for a service.

Its a good option the collect and deliver service.

Plus I want to keep a full dealer history as well.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
If its just a normal service it shouldn't take any more than 90mins. I usually book the 1st appointment then sit and wait for mine then just head on to work afterwards.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
can understand limits to a certain extent but 10 miles is a bit harsh i think but then again this is SEAT we are talking about here.

years ago i had a toyota, dealer i used was 20ish miles away maybe a touch more but was never a quibble, yes we will collect and deliver no problem

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
I spoke to the Manchester dealer on Saturday and said that they will come and collect and deliver when the service and MOT are due. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.