Service cost

nimay

Aug 26, 2004
As my car is just coming up to 8k on the clock I am starting to think about the first service. (My old Bora would start its 2k service countdown soon - I don't think the Altea is going to do this).

Anyone had their first service done yet and if so how much cash are we talking about :confused:

GW

Should be about £110. Your service counter will start counting down with about 1800 miles to go. Unfortunately it miscalculates the service as it just converts the continetal service interval to miles, this means tour service will be overdue by 3-400 miles by the time you get to 10,000 miles.
Your car will stay in warranty as long as it is serviced within 1000 miles of the 10,000 mile service interval. So you can get 11,000 miles between services, mines coming upto it's 2nd sevice at 22,000 miles.

nimay

Aug 26, 2004
Thanks for the info. I know the prices can vary depending on the hourly rate the dealer is charging.

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
My bugger hads been barking at me every morning and afternoon for while now, but it not too smart with maths! Mileage is today 8597 but it telling me service due in 800 miles! Now I not work for NASA but I reckon that 8597 and 800 is 9397! Some way short of 10000!

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
Ok, got on the horn to local dealer today and the one i got the car from quoted me 180 dinero!!!!! So rang one a bit further out from me and was quoted 137.50!!!!

Logic tells me that to save almost 40 quid, i need to use 20 quid on fuel and have day out too!!!!! Makes sense to me!

So, shop around by a few miles and you could well save more than enough money to go 50 miles up the road for it and still be better off after you paid for fuel. Unless of course its your day off and your partner decides that visiting another town is good excuse for a day shopping!!! :-(

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
10K Service was £101.00. Now over 17,500 so will be interested to see the cost of 20K.
Two new tyres also required withing next 1000 miles or so. Not sure whether to stick to the Michelins or make a change.

Paul

Tell

Staff member
You are putting the miles on Paul.... afraid mine is only used for leasure, I can't see that you have done 17,500 miles for leasure in the period you have had it.

You can't have 17" wheels if you have Michelins I think. Yeah where I work there was an advert for a chair massage, thought pass on that, got the 17" wheels on the Altea so I get that on British road;).

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Tell said:
You are putting the miles on Paul.... afraid mine is only used for leasure, I can't see that you have done 17,500 miles for leasure in the period you have had it.

You can't have 17" wheels if you have Michelins I think. Yeah where I work there was an advert for a chair massage, thought pass on that, got the 17" wheels on the Altea so I get that on British road;).

Repmobile use is putting the miles on, avoided the 17's as i only used to get 15K out of them on my Octavia Vrs and at £140.00 each against £70 to £80 for the sixteens i had to be sensible. :(
Only drawback is they squeal a bit when pushing on!
Paul

Tell

Staff member
ALT54 said:
Repmobile use is putting the miles on, avoided the 17's as i only used to get 15K out of them on my Octavia Vrs and at £140.00 each against £70 to £80 for the sixteens i had to be sensible. :(
Only drawback is they squeal a bit when pushing on!
Paul

Just as well you sorted the sterio out then. I'm still happy with my Infinity speakers [lovely base and detail from the existing headend], not much closer to the MD Changer and I got a massive MD collection I don't want to junk. It's the Quadlock harness thing nobody sells them in the UK unless you know otherwise. I found that German link that a guy on here moved to another location to help other people with different Seat's even thou Quadlocks are only on Altea's and Toledo's.

May be I should have had the 17" wheels myself... it was the Seat guy looking the burgers at the Altea launch at a showroom I went to, that said that 17" wheels were cheaper than 16" so I'd go for 17" so I did.....

GW

The front tyres (16") on my 1.9TDI were down to the wear indicators after 13,000. They were P7 and every tyre dealer told me they were had the worst rate.

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
Had mine 10k serviced couple of weeks ago at Wiltshires @ Farnham £95 inc vat done while I waited.... well pleased!

Just to give you an idea how much the service price varied Seat Camberley wanted to charge me £165.00 :censored: and they dont wash n vac the car where as Wiltshires did!!!

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
greeny said:
Had mine 10k serviced couple of weeks ago at Wiltshires @ Farnham £95 inc vat done while I waited.... well pleased!

Just to give you an idea how much the service price varied Seat Camberley wanted to charge me £165.00 :censored: and they dont wash n vac the car where as Wiltshires did!!!

My £101.00 service was done by Seat Camberley. They did try charging me £165.00 until i pointed out they had quoted £95.00. As far as i remember they have always washed and vacc'ed our cars. Wiltshires have not impressed me in the past. This is the trouble with the car industry, same company two completely different results! I will ring around before 20K service to compare, especially now Skoda garages are pitching for the work as well.

Paul

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
ALT54 said:
My £101.00 service was done by Seat Camberley. They did try charging me £165.00 until i pointed out they had quoted £95.00. As far as i remember they have always washed and vacc'ed our cars. Wiltshires have not impressed me in the past. This is the trouble with the car industry, same company two completely different results! I will ring around before 20K service to compare, especially now Skoda garages are pitching for the work as well.

Paul
Well done getting the price down with Seat Camberley though why they dont just give you the cheaper service without you having to point it out is beyond me.

I had reservations with Wiltshires.... but things seem to have got better though as this service is little more than a oil n filter change its pretty hard to balls up!!!

I had'nt thought of trying the skoda garages in the area ...... couuld well be a good idea as Im sure the 20k service will loom large later in the year!

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Two new Michelins fitted at a cost of £175.00 all in. Decided to keep to the Michelins for now so all four the same. Will look at changing next time as probably need all four.
Quote for 20K Service so far:
Wiltshires of Farnham £235.00 Max. But no Courtesy car as i did not buy my Altea from Them. :confused:
Camberley Service Centre £217.00 But have to provide own insurance for courtesy car.
Kings Seat £215.00 Courtesy car from 8th June insurance included but £500.00 excess. (Bought car from Kings)
Garland Motors (Skoda) Quoted £180.00 approx.
Sorted: Williams Skoda Bristol (100 yards form the office i visit once a week so no need for courtesy car.) £182.79. (They always did an excellent job on my Octavia Vrs. :)
Paul

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
Paul what mileage did you get out of your tyres? i am not sure I will get much over 15 thousand out of my Bridgestones.

Not sure what make i will be replacing them with as the 17's are pretty expensive... Goodyear F1's are over £100 per corner.... will have to see how flush i am at the time.

I think that's a good deal at the Skoda dealer for the service would be interested to hear how much they will charge for the cambelt change (which i presume is at 40k) as at the local Seat dealers its £360 :-o

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
greeny said:
Goodyear F1's are over £100 per corner.... :-o

Your not doing bad then!!! Got quote from local tyre place that I use as they were so cheap in the past, and it going to cost £147 per corner for P-zero's!

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
greeny said:
Paul what mileage did you get out of your tyres? i am not sure I will get much over 15 thousand out of my Bridgestones.

Not sure what make i will be replacing them with as the 17's are pretty expensive... Goodyear F1's are over £100 per corner.... will have to see how flush i am at the time.

I think that's a good deal at the Skoda dealer for the service would be interested to hear how much they will charge for the cambelt change (which i presume is at 40k) as at the local Seat dealers its £360
:-o

18500 miles on the fronts. I stuck to the 16's for this reason as my Octavia Vrs on 17's used to eat a set every 14.5 to 15 Thou.
Checked Service book and only mention of Cambelt change for Pumped injection diesel is 80,000 miles and i will have changed the car before then.
Paul

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
Had my 10k service last Saturday, cost a mere £82.00

however, I didn't get home for 3 hours as had 2 rear punctures while driving away from dealership, AA wouldn't come out to get me for 3 hours as they said they stopped that service 8 month's ago!

Eventually got home too late for purchasing new tyres tho as shops were shut!

Only managed as I have my own electric pump, so pumped up tyres, drove 400 yards stopped and repeated for 6 miles, havent spoken to dealer yet but seems odd I should pick up 2 shards of metal in both rears at same time immediately after being serviced!

ps got 2 x AVON ZZ3's for £180 fitted :confused: