service indicator?

John _Boy

I am going to be servicing the leon in the next few weeks as i think it good practice to give a car a bit of attention when you buy it to make sure everything is in good working order and anything that i find can wearing out can be replaced before it wears out.

But ... how do you reset the service indicator on a Leon? the last car i had with one was a Vauxhall Corsa C where you had to hold down the trip reset button while you starteed the engine and keep it held until it flashed it had been reset.

Cheers
John

John _Boy

Press the trip counter reset button and turn on the ignition to position 2, keeping the trip counter reset button depressed for at least 3 seconds.

pretty much the same method as my old corsa, Excellent! Cheers

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
press and hold in the reset button for the trip computer, whilst holding the button in turn ign to pos 2, then twist the button left or right (sorry can't remember which way !) but you will hear a click and the service indicator should go out. now turn off ign. job done.

Found that way too, let us know which it is :D

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Score!
I thought i would need VAGcom!
Next time the missus has a go at me for being on here all the time, im quite within my rights to tell her to shut the hell up!
Dan

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
Believe me, yours is not the only Missus who moans about SCN. Perhaps they ought to get together and start SCNWives.net to give them something to occupy their time. (On their own computers obviously). :D

:-o So they could compare notes and complain at me "We'll Jonnyjonjon buys his wife flowers, why can't you do romantic things etc etc"

Let's hope that NEVER happens!

:rolleyes:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.