Service Interval and Q's - FR 115 MY2019

Ross Hayes

Oct 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I've been watching these forums for a while on the build up to collecting my Ibiza. (FR 115, Desire Red, MY2019 model)

My dealer never explained the service intervals required, I was hoping to have a service book but I've not found it yet within all the docs. Does anyone know the required service intervals or know where I can find it? or should I stop being lazy and call my dealer?

Second to that, does anyone have any suggestions for where to get some kick plates for the doors? I'm terrified about scuffing them when getting in and out of the car.

Cheers,

Ross

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
I was told every 10k or 12 months, whichever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
you can check via car menu, how long before service. If it's approx 1 year, it's the regular service, if shows almost 2 years it's the long life service. incidentally, I've got my 1st year service tomorrow! Giving it regular one..

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It depends on how long you plan to keep your new car and how many miles you run per year.

If you run less than 10K miles a year, then your dealer should have set the servicing schedule to fixed time/miles which as said is 12months/10K miles.
If you run maybe 18K miles a year, then your dealer should have set the servicing schedule to variable or longlife service, which could end up being 24months/20K miles, though that is a max, normally it would end up being 18months/15K miles depending how you used that car.

The car will have been filled up initially at the engine build plant, with longlife oil, it is only if you opt for normal servicing that the dealer refills it with normal service oil at the first oil change.

If you only aim to keep that car for maybe 3 or 4 years, then regardless of annual mileage, it would be cheaper to opt for variable servicing - while that would save you money, it would not be quite so good for the engine long term.

Sill protectors, for the real thing and bigger money, I'd think that SEAT should/could be offering them as an aftersales item, probably best to check on the "owners" area in the SEAT UK website as no doubt accessories will be listed there then get your local dealer to order them in, or buy from the genuine parts provider linked to this site, ie Mike!

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Ok so I am kinda confused by this servicing thing. Hoping someone can shed some light on it as my local Dealer doesn't seem to really know. My Ibiza is coming up to 10000 miles I've had it for 11 months now. I was expecting to have it serviced and thats what my dealer said. However I am getting a ding when I turn the ignition on saying it is due an oil change. When I go into the servicing page in the menu it says Inspection in 10300 mi or 394 days and also Oil change service due 400 Mi ago.

Do i need a service or an oil change? According to the service book it has been stamped as Service according to time and mileage (fixed).

It seems way more complicated than it needs to be imo.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Your dealer is correct what your car is telling you is that it needs its first service, which will just be an oil and filter change and a few other checks, the next service, in 12 months time, will be a major or inspection service.

It really is quite simple on fixed time/miles servicing:- after 12 months or 10K miles - which ever happens first - you need a minor service (oil change + some more work) next at 24 months 20K miles - which ever happens first - you need a major service (oil change + more and even more work and parts depending on which year it is in that car's age) etc etc.

So, to make it even clearer, if you want to be exact, in your case, you should be getting that car serviced at 10K intervals and that looks like it is just short of the 12 month period for fixed time servicing but 10K miles has arrived sooner.

Reactions: ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Your dealer is correct what your car is telling you is that it needs its first service, which will just be an oil and filter change and a few other checks, the next service, in 12 months time, will be a major or inspection service.

It really is quite simple on fixed time/miles servicing:- after 12 months or 10K miles - which ever happens first - you need a minor service (oil change + some more work) next at 24 months 20K miles - which ever happens first - you need a major service (oil change + more and even more work and parts depending on which year it is in that car's age) etc etc.

So, to make it even clearer, if you want to be exact, in your case, you should be getting that car serviced at 10K intervals and that looks like it is just short of the 12 month period for fixed time servicing but 10K miles has arrived sooner.

Thanks for your advice. Out of interest why is it telling me I am overdue the oild change when its not at 10000 yet?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Either Its converted from KMs 15000 = 9320miles, or its 365 days since the PDI I expect.

My Ibiza warns from about 9300/9400 miles.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that sometimes at PDI these service warnings are not being reset at zero, so they start running at initial power up at the factory - so that messes up the time element, and also slightly the miles aided by the conversion issue stated above.

Edit:- same issue with my wife's August 2015 Polo asking for service about a month early.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
My Ibiza pings the service warning every time I start it (12 months since last one) but since it has 4000 miles to go to its oil change, I just reset the warning with Carista to shut it up permanently.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
camelspyyder, why don't you get the servicing parameters changed to suit your 10000miles instead of 12mths/10K miles which ever comes first - I'd be either going for getting it serviced every 12 months or changing to flexible servicing which would probably turn out to be roughly the same as what you are doing right now. Personally on both my cars I always stick with 12 months servicing which in one car is 8.4K miles and the other car 4K miles.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If it was a turbo I might, but the 1.4 16V is less likely to chew up its oil I reckon.

Flexi is for people who do a lot of miles, so the exact opposite of us putting about 5000 on each car a year.

I did try flexi when I was doing 16000+ a year - the turbo needed replacement at 26000 so I'll not be doing that again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.