Service Pricing

Prior

Jul 29, 2009
Hi, I'm new to the site but have had my 2005 Leon Cupra R for about 9 months now.

It's due for a 40'000mile service. My local garage (Emmer Green Seat in Reading) have quoted £420 all inclusive for this. I have always serviced my own cars and this price struck me as a bit steep. So I have 3 questions:

1. Does £420 sound about the right price based on other peoples experience?
2. Does anyone know a decent garage in Reading (or close by) that could do it for cheaper?
3. How easy is it to do the servicing yourself on a cupra r?

Cheers
Prior

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Hi,

I live in Reading and have used Emmer Green a few times, being my local SEAT garage too. They are okay, but don't really know enough about the LCR in my opinion (something that affects all manufacturers that sell high powered cars).

I now use Storm Developments instead. They are a VAG tuner with a very good knowledge of the cars, and are a custom-code remapper too. They use all the approved parts and will offer advice etc that you won't get at SEAT.

Miles and Andy really know their stuff - can't recommend them enough.

Rob.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
What are they doing for £420?. Awesome quoted around about £180 but this may be less as I have my own oil, spark plugs, air filter etc...

Prior

Jul 29, 2009
Thanks for that. I have been thinking about a remap too so wil give them a call.
Cheers.

Prior

Jul 29, 2009
What are they doing for £420?. Awesome quoted around about £180 but this may be less as I have my own oil, spark plugs, air filter etc...

As far as I could make out: Plugs, air filter, pollen filter, oil and filter, reset the ecu(???) and a lod of fluid checks.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
As far as I could make out: Plugs, air filter, pollen filter, oil and filter, reset the ecu(???) and a lod of fluid checks.
I'd recommend the uprated air filter (and pollen filter too, including a carbon layer for pollution) from Jetex, but I'm sure Storm will mention this to you...

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut

£420 for that!! your having a laugh!

Plugs are £10 each so £40

Air filter and pollen filter is £20

Oil and filter is £40

I know these prices are correct because I recently serviced mine using dealer parts and there the same parts as the R

Fluid checks and ecu is labour?

Where did they get £420 from? :confused:

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
hi mate just had mine in for 30,000mile service i phoned the dealers which was wills and ellis seat in york i phoned up asking them for a price they quoted me 120pounds for the oil and filter change the brakes cleaning topping up of all fluids and a greasing all round but when i went to collect the car they tried charging me 180pounds instead of the quoted 120 pound when i questioned them about it they tried telling me i was lying and they never would have quoted such a cheap price but after some arguing the mistake was sorted and i paid the original quoted 120quid my advice to you is whilst getting your quote for your service note down the name of the person you spoke to or get them to email your quote to you and also just have a quick check of your car before taking it to them check things like tyres and brake pads coz these are the things theyll try ripping you off with.dont want to sound negative but its notnice having your pants pulled down is it

kbrad44

Yes that sounds rather expensive. I get most of my parts from Emmer Green as they are on route home from work for me.

But they seem to be expensive for servicing. I was quoted £280 for a Diagnostics Plus Oil/filter change for a 02 Cupra. Needless to say I told them not to bother :lol:

Personally I would also suggest Storm which I have heard good things about.

Baldwin

May 4, 2009
Im getting mine done on sat last service cost me £250 and that was at 68k im now on 78k sooo not sure if the credit cards guna get a bashing or not but will let you know. this is based on a local garage in the Watford area.

Anders0n

Minor Service £148

Cambelt Change £282

For an LCR from a Seat Dealer, are they any good or should I look elsewhere?