DrewSmith199

Apr 16, 2022
South West
Hi All,

My Cupra is due a service soon as I've owned it a year (2007 1p). I'm hoping to pick your brains to save some money (or tell me otherwise if you think it's not a good idea). I drive it less than 5,000 miles a year, mostly just a weekend toy. But it is remapped running a bit more power so it will need a bit more TLC than an unmodified one.

Instead of asking my garage to carry out a full service I was going to ask them to carry out an oil and filter change and do my fuel filter. I will be buying braided brake lines and new fluid before this goes in for the work so I'll get them to do this at the same time.

So, Fuel filter, oil & filter change, brake fluid change.

I know the brakes pads/discs are fine all round because I only recently got them changed. I can check and top up coolant.

Cambelt & waterpump changed last year after purchasing the car.

I was going to ask for a check of the suspension components but surely that would be checked on the MOT yearly?

Other than that, is there anything I should ask for in addition? Do you think this would save me money or is it worth just getting the full service? I'm just conscious that they do some things that I make an effort to check weekly/monthly.

I have tried to learn to do these jobs DIY but my current living arrangements/ space means I have nowhere to do it, nor the tools available to me, nor the skill or experience!

Thanks in advance

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
This will definitely save you money mate. You can change your spark plugs cam follow and pcv yourself with basic tools when you need to.
If I was you I’d supply my own oil tho like millers nano tech also if your confident enough you can change your own oil pick up and save money on labour again unless you’ve got paperwork to say it’s been done then I wouldn’t worry about it for awhile.
I think if you buy the bullet do the basic service parts and common fail bits you’ll have peace of mind for afew years and then you can just keep having a oil and filter done every year.