Servicing

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Where's the data sticker on the Formentor? I had a quick look around the car but couldn't find one. I assume we're meaning the one listing the VIN, build, option codes, etc.?
I don’t know specifically where it would be on the Formentor. Usually, it’s somewhere on the boot floor or in the spare wheel well. It could also be hidden behind the boot trim - bizarrely, VW started sticking the data sticker in the mk7 Golf behind the plastic sill trim at the bottom of the hatch opening, so you could only get to it by removing the trim with the risk of breaking the trim or the fasteners that hold it in place.

With VW, a duplicate data sticker used to be in the front of the service book, but with no service books now since car service records went digital, the duplicate may be in the front of the owner’s manual (it is with my VW).

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I don’t know specifically where it would be on the Formentor. Usually, it’s somewhere on the boot floor or in the spare wheel well. It could also be hidden behind the boot trim - bizarrely, VW started sticking the data sticker in the mk7 Golf behind the plastic sill trim at the bottom of the hatch opening, so you could only get to it by removing the trim with the risk of breaking the trim or the fasteners that hold it in place.

With VW, a duplicate data sticker used to be in the front of the service book, but with no service books now since car service records went digital, the duplicate may be in the front of the owner’s manual (it is with my VW).
Yes, I tried the usual places, there's no spare wheel well as it's a hybrid and nothing else under the boot floor that I could see! Let's hope someone's found it before!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members