servicing

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
Hi i just got quoted £190 for standard annual service does that seem about right had a search couldnt really find anything, also anybody got any recommended dealers around the basingstoke/hampshire area cheers brad

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
brad_cupra05 said:
Hi i just got quoted £190 for standard annual service does that seem about right had a search couldnt really find anything, also anybody got any recommended dealers around the basingstoke/hampshire area cheers brad

I think that is about right? Whats the mileage?

You could go to Camberley SEAT?

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
its done 37,000 but the previous owner has already had the 40,000 service on the last service i.e the service with new plugs etc so its just due the annual service, have you had any work done at camberly? its got full main dealer history so far so i might aswell keep it up otherwise i would have just done it myself, £190 for an oil and filter change is quite alot although it does include an inspection wahoo lol

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
brad_cupra05 said:
its done 37,000 but the previous owner has already had the 40,000 service on the last service i.e the service with new plugs etc so its just due the annual service, have you had any work done at camberly? its got full main dealer history so far so i might aswell keep it up otherwise i would have just done it myself, £190 for an oil and filter change is quite alot although it does include an inspection wahoo lol

Hhmm i suppose if its just an annual service its quite high but then the annual service would be the same as the 30,000 mile or 40,000 mile as the average mileage is about 10,000-12,000 a year, you know? I would have thought about £145 at SEAT would be about right as i think that was what i was going to pay for my 50,000 mile service? What one do you go to?

I got both my Cupras from Camberley SEAT and they are all wicked there, they have always helped me with my cars ;)

Last edited:

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
i havent visited any yet touch wood lol havent had the car that long i got the quote from seat in newbury might well have to give the camberly one a ring both around the same distance from me ill say i know you see if they'll give me any discount lol:D

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
brad_cupra05 said:
i havent visited any yet touch wood lol havent had the car that long i got the quote from seat in newbury might well have to give the camberly one a ring both around the same distance from me ill say i know you see if they'll give me any discount lol:D

Yeah they know who i am, im going on 5th May as well ;)

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
yeah i'll give them a ring ill get them to check the brake servo hose has been changed while its in there hopefully there "inspection" doesn't end up to expensive lol

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
brad_cupra05 said:

Yes I also got a £190 quote from Newbury, and promptly took it to Oxford where they did it for £110 ish. Simple service (70k miles)

WHY are Newbury so expensive? Who cares, choose somewhere else.

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
I paid a touch over £110 for 10k service from my local seat dealer (Trenton - Hull) which was quite good i thought... until my mate rang me and said "Who the fcuk is driving your car at stupid MPH" I wasn't impressed at all especially when they denied it going on a "test drive"

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.