servo pipe plan *tech heads please read*

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
ok so I've been to seat and picked up some different parts but can't get them to come together so I'm going to make my own up. Can I do this with samco's? Also do I need to fit one way valves in there along the way or no? If I do then do they have to "arrow" in the direction of the servo?

PLEASE help - this is the final part of the engine jigsaw then I can get it off for its final mapping (fingers crossed)

:)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
brake servo yeah?

The brake servo pipe should all be one unit which pushes into the silicone elbow on the mani and into the servo itself.

Why are you having problems?

You could do it from samcos but the servo line is a hard pipe, which i guess is for a reason.

And yes, you'd need the one way check valve.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as long as it wont implode under vaccuum i cant see why not - i'd use the original valve too for the correct flow

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
we're you using the mk3 cupra lump in the caddy ?? (i can't remember)

i used the standard 20vt servo pipe on my mk2 conversion and it fits fine

Sort of, I'm running the AUQ from a mk1 leon cupra in the caddy and but wanted to tidy the engine bay so I did with the different handed inlet manifold, new boost piping and bigger FMIC - hence changing the pipe setup. I've had a request post up for weeks asking for the part no('s) of the mk3 'biza servo pipe setup with absolutely no luck whatsoever.:doh: :wtf: So I was just going to make it up as I don't know anyone local to me who I can get the part no's from their car and I havent been able to find pics of anything useful enough - cars been off road for 6 wks - I miss it and want to get on with stage 2'ing the custom code.:cry:

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
part no/no's for pipeage servo - inlet manifold (and anywhere else it goes - T.I.P?) for mk3 'biza 1.8t 156 bhp:)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just use the leon servo pipe if using the leon manifold - it's plenty long enough & runs all the way around.

You can make it up from samco / silicon hoses easily & cheaply - but with all the joins I'd be always checking for pedal pressure

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
I'm running the AUQ from a mk1 leon cupra in the caddy and but wanted to tidy the engine bay so I did with the different handed inlet manifold

Sorry Mork I should make myself clearer - I'm using the AUQ engine but NOT the inlet mani - I have changed it to the right handed one (looking at the engine) as per the big power engine and the mk3'biza engine - hence the Leon pipeage will no longer work.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise